Honored Contributor

My father was the most organized person I know.

And he had a label maker too and got one for us!Woman LOL

I'm pretty organized-can find anything you ask for in a minute.

But not ocd about it. I do let things need reorganizing every so often, esp. papers.

I like to organize little things a lot when I have time.

When I had downtime at work, to de-stress I would organized every coupon, paper clip etc in my drawer during my break!

And I love to organize my purseSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I used to have a label maker....loved that thing but it ate batteries!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  and @house_cat :  I've been labeling my lock and lock the cheap way.  I just use a little piece of paper and then scotch tape it to the container.  (Tacky, right?  haha)   

I haven't used or thought about a label maker in years, but now that I've read your posts, I want one.  Just looked on amazon and am feeling a little overwhelmed.  They've certainly come a long way from the ones I remember.  Can you ladies recommend one?  Thanks so much!

Esteemed Contributor

My Dad had a large envelope for every tool he ever bought,  their car,  lawn mower etc.  It container original receipt, cancelled check, instructions,  warranty, and records of any service/repair done.  With the exception of the car they were all in alphabetical order in his work shop.

After Dad died Mom had a problem with one of the windows they had installed a few years earlier. It was under warranty but when she called the guy gave her attitude.  Of course he needed info but figured an older woman newly widowed didn't know squat. Mom said I'll call you right back. There was an envelope for the windows.  She got it replaced within a few days.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 

I bought this one a few months ago - it does everything I need it to do. I would highly recommend it.  I paid $19.99 at Office Depot.  I also have the older model of this machine - it has few bells and whistles but has been working well for many years.

Image-1.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 

This is the one I bought at WalMart ($19.99) refills are available there too.  I use the plastic style strips - they also come paper style.

A4BCF459-C473-4BD0-A036-2463A43038EA.jpegI love my label maker my DIL got me "hooked" on labeling my stuff.

I also tear the flap off the box with expiration info and slide into container.  In FL, nothing can be opened and will stay fresh (or bugs -- although haven't seen any😊).  I write the date "filled" on back so I really know how "old" the stuff is.  

3C4E2A6E-49B5-41AB-95F8-6BF222A2BEB6.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1   Tearing off the flap and inserting it in the container is exactly what I do with dry goods stored in my Lock and Lock!

Respected Contributor

I am extremely organized....can't live any other way.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  and @house_cat   Thank you both so much for your recommendations.  I really appreciate that you took the time to answer!

I also rip off box tops or package labels and put them in my lock and lock as shown.  I guess organized minds think alike!

Respected Contributor

Funny you should ask. I am semi-organized, not too bad. Just last week I stumbled upon these YouTube videos that were made by women organizing their pantries, closets and under sink areas. They used items from Dollar Tree to do it all and it looked great. So, I headed off to Dellar Tree to purchase the needed items and went through my house. My pantry looks so nice I want to leave the doors open. I even went as far as getting the pantry painted....it needed it. Checkout YouTube and get some motivation.