Honored Contributor

I don't know where I am at this moment!  

I can find for the most part things that I need and/or want.  

I always put my keys on the keyholder.  I clean my handbag out every week.  

My car, while it needs a wash and a vacuum, is not cluttered.

However, right now everything else is pretty messy.  

I am purging closets and this will take me a good while.  So, things are all over the place!

Next, will be drawers and other spaces.

Maybe by the end of summer things will be where I want them to be.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I'm an "extreme" who's lived with a "not at all" for almost four decades.  As a result, I've bumped him up a few notches and he's brought me down a few.  

I agree with the poster who said that clutter makes her jittery.  DH is in the middle of a garage re-do, and it's coming along nicely, except that my living spaces are currently full of everything that should be in the garage. I'm trying to handle it gracefully, because I know the end result will be what I've wanted for a long time.  In reality, though, I've been very stressed and out of sorts. It's affecting me even more than I thought it would.

~ house cat ~
Occasional Contributor

High end of moderate/low end of extremely.

Closets/dressers/cabinets are organized; I can reach into my purse blindfolded; same for wallet.

Spices & pantry staples in Lock 'n Lock, labeled.

Vehicle typically clean except during these darn Northeast winters!

Want to get things even more under control (!) prior to retirement (by the end of 2019).  Husband has often said that anyone could walk into our house & be able to find anything, anywhere, any time!  Works for me.  However, for those that are organized chaos, more power to you.  Doesn't bother me.  Different strokes & all......

Spoiler
Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  I'm not surprised that you are extremely organized, as am I.  We also both get migraines.  Personally, I believe there is a connection between the two.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@house_cat  I'm not surprised that you are extremely organized, as am I.  We also both get migraines.  Personally, I believe there is a connection between the two.  

There most likely is. I think my "not at all" husband contributes to my condition, as well, lol!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Moderate...I’m organized but even so, I can’t keep up with every area that seems to collect the junk- Just a few select areas remain chaotic. I would love to be better! 

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  Woman LOL  Yes, my husband contributes to mine for sure!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I'm sometimes too organized to the point of OCD.  But lately I'm "moderate" and I'm dealing well with it because I have company.  It's been visitors since 1/15 but the last visitors leave tomorrow.  

I will miss them but be happy to get things back in order😉.

I used the last year to organize, purge & donate unused things.  My goal was to be able to find what I need, kitchen & pantry, closets to be closets (not storage shed)😉, and lots of seasonal decor downsized to only what I like/use.  I sold a lot of my entertaining pieces of Temptations, serveware, etc. I don't do formal table settings anymore -- nice Chinet pieces 

Been working on my clothing...how many pairs of shoes or black pants can one have? lol

1D6CFAC5-1748-4FE9-BA38-23FC68D07C97.jpegeven my pantry is labeled ...😉my niece said I have too much time on my hands!  Everything is labeled and organized/stored by use.

My spouse on the other hand could live in a one room place -- he has no excess except for his golf stuff which takes up a portion of the garage.  And our car is washed and never dirty inside he takes car of it!

Honored Contributor

I am extremely organized.....it started when I was young, loved deculttering, and organizing....decluttered years ago in hopes of moving....move never happened but the house has been decluttered ever since.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Your post made me chuckle. I have a label maker at work AND one at home!

~ house cat ~