Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Buy Fresh Flowers?

I used to buy them weekly and put them in a pitcher and bowl similar to the one below for a shabby chic look on my dining table.

I haven't bought them in ages. Maybe for Valentine's Day ?

images.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Not often enough, i was in Trader Joes tonight and I should of picked some up

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I buy them whenever the mood strikes. If i see them and like them I buy them. Dont wait for anyone to buy them for me. Faux flowers can't compete.

Honored Contributor

Not very often.  Other than sending someone 1-800-flowers, I think the last time was about 20 years ago.

I'm not a flower person.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I will buy a bouquet of tulips at the grocery store. It does brighten up the kitchen. 🌷🌷

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Almost every week. Hubby picks them out when we go grocery shopping .

Honored Contributor

I used to buy them every week (always Stargazer Lillies) but I have two cats now that will eat everything.

Bill jumps up on whatever is the highest item in the room.

I can't take a chance of him eating them.

I bought several kinds of flowers from Peony there on QVC the first time (months ago) when they were on.

One that was presented was a group of Stargazer Lillies.  They really look like the real deal.

They are sitting next to the kitchen sink.  Everyone thinks they're real and try to smell them.

I've bought several arrangements from these people.

They are all beautiful.  I love them.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Some of the flowers in the grocery store are SO pretty!  I can't have a lot of flowers in my house because of allergy, but I love the look.

I do have some high quality silk flowers (the ones at Petals are beautiful) and a live peace lily.

@ECBG   Never buy fresh as I make flower arrangements with gorgeous faux flowers throughout the year as the seasons change.  No mess to clean up either. Smiley Happy

I do grow flowers, but usually only bring sweet peas and roses inside.  One year I dried a ton of hydrangeas, then didn't have a place to put them all, lol.

@mousiegirl I LOVE that purple-blue of sweet peas!  I used to see them when I rode my horses.

@ECBG   Yes, it pops up all over, must have been wild.   I grow mostly pastel colors, but the darker pink seems to show up.  The area I planted the seeds last Fall is covered in tall weeds, so now that there is some sun, I will go out tomorrow, pull the weeds, and see if there are any shoots.  My Mother grew these, and I never forgot the fabulous fragrance, so I was determined that when I had a garden, I would plant them,

I know what you mean about beautiful fresh flowers, a market I go to once in a while has gorgeous flowers and faux flowers, but I can get better prices for the faux elsewhere, unless I see something that I havn't seen, which happened a few weeks ago.  I found boquests of mini ranunculas, cream with pink centers, reminded me of the rose Cecile Brunner, only the rose is more pink, so I bought several for my bunny vases forn the Easter display. Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

NO fresh flowers or potted plants in this house due to severe allergies, asthma and COPD.   

Also no silk flowers or other things viewed as dust catchers.  

I do buy flowers for my mom several times a year and send flowers to a friend in her 80’s.   

Respected Contributor

I buy them once a month our grocery store has senior day 1st Wed of the month 10% off food & etc... I just get the $5 bunch cut it down just makes me happy to see them on the kitchen counter. Some of the artificial ones look almost real.