Honored Contributor

How Often Do You Buy Fresh Flowers?

[ Edited ]

Some of the flowers in the grocery store are SO pretty!  I can't have a lot of flowers in my house because of allergy, but I love the look.

I do have some high quality silk flowers (the ones at Petals are beautiful) and a live peace lily.

Honored Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Buy Fresh Flowers?

@ECBG wrote:

Some of the flowers in the grocery store are SO pretty!  I can't have a lot of flowers in my house because of allergy, but I love the look.

I do have some high quality silk flowers (the ones at Petals are beautiful) and a live peace lily.

@ECBG   Never buy fresh as I make flower arrangements with gorgeous faux flowers throughout the year as the seasons change.  No mess to clean up either. Smiley Happy

I do grow flowers, but usually only bring sweet peas and roses inside.  One year I dried a ton of hydrangeas, then didn't have a place to put them all, lol.

Honored Contributor

Never. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

Since I love them I always have a vase of fresh flowers in my house! Trader Joe's sell some of the freshest, last a long time.

Honored Contributor

pretty rarely......i prefer plants in my home.

even if i am visiting someone or sending a sympathy arrangement i choose a planter.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I'm assuming buying them for ourselves?

Never.  In Spring and Summer, I cut those in my yard.   Also dry some.  Use dried weeds in those arrangements that are scattered throughout the house year round. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never buy myself flowers. DH buys them for me several times a year.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG   Never buy fresh as I make flower arrangements with gorgeous faux flowers throughout the year as the seasons change.  No mess to clean up either. Smiley Happy

I do grow flowers, but usually only bring sweet peas and roses inside.  One year I dried a ton of hydrangeas, then didn't have a place to put them all, lol.

@mousiegirl I LOVE that purple-blue of sweet peas!  I used to see them when I rode my horses.

Honored Contributor

I never buy fresh flowers for my home, but I do buy them as gifts to people including my granddaughter who is involved in drama and is in musicals and concert band.

I like to give her flowers after a performance for the good job she does.

Trusted Contributor

Always.  I need pretty around me and flowers are perfect for that.  I haven't looked at silk flowers in a long time.  Perhaps I should.