Respected Contributor

Re: How Many Trick Or Treaters Do You Usually Get?

[ Edited ]

None.

Been in this condo for years...had one trick or treater in all those years because at that time a young couple had a little 3 year old.

We're a quiet little community, set off a quiet, no street lights, country side road, off our main road in town. Not in a "neighborhood" development with sidewalks. Never was condusive to kids trick or treating.

We go to bf's daughter's/grandaughter's little community, which really does it up for Halloween...all the homes really are decorated, people have bon fires going, Big displays outside, parents get dressed with the kids...it's fun to go trick or treating with them. 👻🎃🧙‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

None.  Live inthe country. Yrs ago used to get a few kids at the door for candy, now I think the parents take them to  the closest  housing developments to bring in big hauls and time to walk around & show their costumes.

Honored Contributor

I'm a senior, so I stopped doing the Trick or Treat thing when Covid began.  

Respected Contributor

Not a single one in the 47 years we've lived here. But we are in a rural area...no streetlights, no sidewalks, all houses have at least 4 acres so far apart and with long driveways. A lot of kids have lived here over the years, but their parents would take them to the nearest town--maybe grandparents' neighborhood.

Our church started a trunk or treat event several years ago, so we take part in that. Really missed it for the 2 years it wasn't held because of Covid. A lot of us participate, decorate our cars, and there are usually around 400 kids participating. It's a lot of fun!

Respected Contributor

I live in an actual neighborhood so houses are not far from each other so we get kids from all the streets in our area and since it is known to be safe also get kids that are brought in from the country to trick or treat.  We always had around 200 trick or treaters and so many really interesting costumes.

We would sit on our front porch and hand out the candy.  Most always the kids said "trick or treat" and thanked you.  Our grandkids who lived out in the country would come in and go around a few blocks for candy and then come back and hand out ours which they really enjoyed doing.

The first two years of Covid was the first time we did not do treat or treat and I really felt bad about missing it.  It was the first halloween I ever missed as we participated as kids and I continued all my adult life doling out candy.  

We have a water feature with a small pond that waterfalls into a short stream that waterfalls into a larger small pond which DH built layering up stone so he puts up safety tape and lights up around that half of the front yard for safety sake and the kids love looking at it.  Most want to know if there is fish in it.  (There is not).

Planning on doing treat or treat again this year but I would not be surprised at having fewer kids participating.

Esteemed Contributor

0....but then I'm a scrooge and keep the outside light off.  Smiley LOL

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Usually, we don't get any trick-or-treaters.  I don't buy candy, but I keep a supply of quarters on hand just in case.  We have a new neighbor with a young child, but he didn't ring the bell last year, so I'm not expecting him this year either.

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm a senior, so I stopped doing the Trick or Treat thing when Covid began.  

Same.  We've done it for over 40+ years.  We now go out for dinner during that time.  We figured it was a good time to stop. 

Trusted Contributor

I would estimate about 75.

Honored Contributor

In our old neighborhood, we had over 200. The first year we moved to our current neighborhood, we had about a dozen. Lots of leftover candy that year. Took it to work and gave some to my students & put some in the teacher's lounge. Now I make sure I have enough for 2 dozen children, but a dozen is about average for us.