Honored Contributor

How Many Trick Or Treaters Do You Usually Get?

I live on a crest of steep hill.  Only 2 houses are below me, one in the woods, one with a steep driveway.  Our little street doesn't yield many goodies!!!

No good for me to decorate at all!

I get a little candy which DH claims!

Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Trick Or Treaters Do You Usually Get?

[ Edited ]

No idea!

We've only spent summers here and just moved permanently less than a month ago.

But I can't wait to see!

Honored Contributor

It varies, I think last year it was 150 .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

None, which is why I buy all my favorite candy!  We live up a hill and it would be a hike for kids.  They could make it up, but some of the parents might pass out due to lack of oxygen.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

None.  Mostly retirees on my street with a few kids who don't trick or treat.  I've lived here 23 years and never had a kid come to the door, never heard any in the street.  Other places in town are quite different with tons of kids.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I buy enough of my favorite candy to anticipate handing it out to possibly 20 kids.  In the past three years I've not had the bell ring even once!

So I have had 20 days worth of candy (those snack size Snickers are a weakness) that I finish in 5 days! Thanks, kids!

I'm not buying any handouts this year and if the bell rings, I won't go to the door.  Turning off the porch light and no lamp will be lit in the room facing the street. No one would ever show up after 6pm, so it won't be a big deal to look like I'm not home for a bit.

Halloween is now a non-event and I won't care at all. Except for missing those tiny Snickers...

Honored Contributor

None.  Can't remember the last time we had any.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not many anymore.  We used to get a lot.  When our kids were younger, some years we'd host a little bonfire/hotdog roast with simple sides like chips or popcorn, Texas sheet cake, warm apple cider, hot chocolate,  We have many churches in our community, so nowadays many of them do Trunk or Treat events in their parking lots. 

Trusted Contributor

Hundreds. The borough that I live in is well known for fun and safe trick or treating. The local police direct traffic and hand out light sticks to the kids. People from neighboring towns drive car loads of kids to my neighborhood. Locals know to be home by 5pm or you probably won't find parking. It is a fun night.🎃

Valued Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

Hundreds. The borough that I live in is well known for fun and safe trick or treating. The local police direct traffic and hand out light sticks to the kids. People from neighboring towns drive car loads of kids to my neighborhood. Locals know to be home by 5pm or you probably won't find parking. It is a fun night.🎃

Sounds exactly like my neighborhood except it just isn't fun anymore 😥

The go door to door with their bags open, no "trick or treat" no thank you, no nuttin'!

I've given up and no longer light up. Our town has enough trunk or treat events to attend I no longer feel the need. Kind of sad but just another change of times.