Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Cookbooks Do You Have?

I must have hundreds.  I am giving DD some, gradually, but anyone can google recipes so what is the need for cook books any longer, I wonder.  I used to be addicted to buying them, looking at recipes, then never using them, usually make up my own recipes.

Honored Contributor

About 20. They fit in the "oven" of a bookcase a crafter made that looks like an old fashioned cook stove. I wish I knew how to post a picture of it. Then, I also have a recipe box containing many family favorites.

Respected Contributor

I have a double set of book shelves full of nothing but cookbooks.....love them.

Trusted Contributor

I have well over 1,000 cookbooks by now. Cookbooks in the computer room, cookbooks in my she shed, cookbooks in totes in closets and under the bed. I know which tote has what cookbook. My MIL who also loved cookbooks, gave me quite a few of them. I bought many of them. They were given to me as gifts for holidays and birthdays. 

Last year a very good friend sent me over 200 cookbooks. She was no longer going to use them and couldn't bear to see them just go to the library or to recycling. I agreed and they came to me. 13 boxes of cookbooks. It took me forever to unpack everything. There were a ton of absolutely lovely cookbooks.

I read cookbooks like people read novels. Take a cookbook to bed and just read. And I actually do use them. 

I'm to the point now, where I'm a little more 
"picky" when buying new cookbooks. But I still do buy them. 

Not to mention all the recipes that I find online. My absolute favorite sugar cookie rolled recipe came from Pinterest, of all places. Same with my sand tart recipe, another Pinterest find. 

I always say that I retired so that I could spend more time in the kitchen baking. I love cooking, I love baking, I love recipes, and I love cookbooks! 

Honored Contributor

At least 50 at any given moment.  I can buy a box full at local auctions for a few dollars.  I skim through them and donate those I will never read or use. I'm partial to comfort food and Southern cooking.   I'm trying to cut down, planning for my estate auction, you know.  DD has fits when she looks around this place.  

Respected Contributor

Many recipes, but only 1 cookbook.

-Texas Hill Country-