Trusted Contributor

Re: How Many Cookbooks Do You Have?

I have 5 cookbooks, but I rarely use them.  I donated about 15 cookbooks a few years ago.  Nowadays, I search recipes on the internet, since there are only 2 of us in the house.

Esteemed Contributor

@Toots711    Nope, no Dinah Shore.  I do have a David Veneable cookbook.  I flipped through it when it arrived and haven't opened it since.  That was before my DH died in May of 2019.  It is in the go pile.

Years ago DD and I would go to Barnes and Noble and I headed to the cookbooks, then the murder mysteries.  I would leave with an arm load, ok, 2 arm loads of books.

Honored Contributor

I dont have any. I used to have a few of them but donated those.  If I need a recipe I look it up online!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

I love to read cookbooks! Each one is interesting in techniques and foods. I cannot count how many I have but there are at least 20 (30 inch wide) shelves plus in piles on the top of the bookcases full. 

I have some from the early 1900's including the one my great grandmother gave my grandmother before her marriage. I will have to cull the herd so to speak someday, but for the time being, I enjoy them all. I loan them out to friends as well. 

Honored Contributor

I have about 25 cookbooks; mostly from local churches, all favorites.
Respected Contributor

I donated mine to a library the last few years and kept my favorites.  The problem is hat they are in a storage facility now LOL

I have recipes I can't find online in several of them. I have "re-purchased" the Jean Brody Good Food book three times as mine keeps wearing out. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm right there with you @CrazyKittyLvr2 .  I have dozens and dozens of cookbooks.  Same with the cooking magazines that I pick up at the grocery store.  I think I need to join Cookbooks Anonymous!

I love reading cookbooks and all the interesting recipes.  I read them like novels.  But I need to ban myself from buying anymore.  Let's see if I can refrain until 2021!?!? 

Respected Contributor

I hate to cook and since I am working on downsizing, I disposed of all of them but a binder of receipes DH looks through and one for Wok cooking as DH uses that one.

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake  I have a sentimental Betty Crocker cookbook. Bought it when I moved in with my boyfriend back in the day. My first cookbook, well loved and well worn!

I'm down to maybe 6 total. Gave away several, including all paperbacks. Have a 2" stack of paper, hand written recipes that should be better organized.

Respected Contributor

Mine and my mothers.