Respected Contributor

Re: Houses looking small before framing😂😂😂

Cassaday, what's the total sq. footage of your house going to be?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

The main floor is 2300 sq ft. The basement is 1800. My dad of course being a man wanted a huge garage so it's 1200.  The basement will be unfinished since my dad is going do it himself over the next few years. After the basement is done there will be two extra bedrooms down there.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

The main floor is 2300 sq ft. The basement is 1800. My dad of course being a man wanted a huge garage so it's 1200.  The basement will be unfinished since my dad is going do it himself over the next few years. After the basement is done there will be two extra bedrooms down there.

That's a nice size house, and I agree about men and their garages...I know my hubby would drool at the prospect of a garage that big!  It's fun seeing the progress of your new place.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

That's a nice size house, and I agree about men and their garages...I know my hubby would drool at the prospect of a garage that big!  It's fun seeing the progress of your new place.

The one thing my dad wasn't going to compromise on was his garage. He did end up cutting it a few hundred square feet. He has tons of tools and wanted a good space to do any kind of projects. Eventually once we move in he will want to start doing some projects he enjoys.   I think they are getting a lot for the price they paid. They have lots of equity since the land was paid off when we sold our house. I can't wait to move.  

Regular Contributor

Foundations always look so small. Even after framing the footage looks small. I don't think you really get the true feel for size until the flooring goes in. Weird isn't it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Andrewsgrandma wrote:

Foundations always look so small. Even after framing the footage looks small. I don't think you really get the true feel for size until the flooring goes in. Weird isn't it?

Very weird. I was laughing at googling this and reading stories from people who built. The entire thing looks huge because there is no step to the garage or patio. But when you look at each room and where stuff will be the individual rooms look tiny.