Honored Contributor

Housekeeping issue on the QVC sets

I was just watching some videos of CIJ with Valerie, and have been noticing that when they come down to the floor level to look at merchandise they are presenting that sits on the floor, or on the bottom of the sofa table and such, just how dirty the area rugs are. 

There is a lot of debris on them. You'd think with all the Shark and Dyson shows, they'd have a vacuum (or 10) on every set, and take time to vacuum the rugs before the presentation begins. LOL

I figure they put the sets together pretty quickly sometimes, but it does detract from the experience of the well decorated room. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Housekeeping issue on the QVC sets

The floors and rugs are always filthy when they zoom in on them.  The furniture legs are all banged up also.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

You are quite observant (like many others) to the "little details".  I've seen this many times...now you mention it..."maybe they want the customer to feel at home"!

Many are not like us noticing OR do they care to be.  On the other hand (some of my furniture legs) look like this from vacumning haphazardly🙁😳

My spouse called me today first thing he said "I know it's been 10 days away & I know your jonsing to run the vacuum even though i did...I left you some dust!"

he knows me to well! 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio.  I've seen them use a glass coffee table on an area rug for shoe shows.  When the camera focused on the shoes thru the glass table, the rug was filthy.  I betcha they have a bunch of boys setting up the sets.  Their vision does not perceive dirt as a negative thing.  You'd think the hosts would have a fit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The jewelry display things that are light colored are filthy.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio

You are quite observant (like many others) to the "little details".  I've seen this many times...now you mention it..."maybe they want the customer to feel at home"!

Many are not like us noticing OR do they care to be.  On the other hand (some of my furniture legs) look like this from vacumning haphazardly🙁😳

My spouse called me today first thing he said "I know it's been 10 days away & I know your jonsing to run the vacuum even though i did...I left you some dust!"

he knows me to well! 

@homedecor1

Ha!

We must have married brothers!

My husband never does the dishes when I'm gone for the day. He just piles them in the sink. 

Now I know that in his mind, he's not wanting to deprive me of the 'joy' of cleaning up the kitchen and having it done right. If he did it, it would never be right and I'd just do it again anyway! 

Honored Contributor

Glad to know I'm not the only one that notices things like this. 

With HD television now, you might think they would really be paying attention to the details. 

Maybe my next career is supervising set appearance just prior to air time for QVC! LOL

Hey Q, you have my contact information. Shoot me an offer! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio.  I've been waiting for your canning report.  Are you doing any this year?  I remember my mouth watering at your descriptions other years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio

he knows me to well! 

@homedecor1

Ha!

We must have married brothers!

My husband never does the dishes when I'm gone for the day. He just piles them in the sink. 

Now I know that in his mind, he's not wanting to deprive me of the 'joy' of cleaning up the kitchen and having it done right. If he did it, it would never be right and I'd just do it again anyway! 

My husband leaves his egg pan "soaking" in the sink all day (and night).  I'm not sure what his rationale is for leaving coffee grounds on the counter.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mominohio.  I've been waiting for your canning report.  Are you doing any this year?  I remember my mouth watering at your descriptions other years.

@Kachina624

Not yet. 

In our quest to get all the trees down, and the lag time for each of the clean up processes, we got our garden out very late. I also convinced my husband to cut it by a third in size (needst to be cut even more!). So  we have been eating some things, and others are just coming on. The fruit trees are loaded, but the size and quality of the fruit isn't as good this year as it was last. 

I most likely won't be canning anything for a few weeks yet and with my kid no longer at home, I really don't need to do much, but I'm sure I will be doing some. I'll post pics when it happens!