Honored Contributor

Re: Housekeeping - I'm feeling awkward and embarrassed.

Yes. It's pretty clear by the price they charged for the initial visit and the price they're charging for subsequent cleanings that this one was exceptional.  My neighbor, who has the same house as we do, has been using these ladies for many years. She said they are usually in and out within 2-3 hours.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  You need to watch these women when they are cleaning especially in your bedroom where you may keep some valuables.  I can't believe it took them that long to clean your house. Don't forget, they get paid by the hour.  Staying all day does not sound right unless you never cleaned your house which does not sound like the case.  

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Yes. It's pretty clear by the price they charged for the initial visit and the price they're charging for subsequent cleanings that this one was exceptional.  My neighbor, who has the same house as we do, has been using these ladies for many years. She said they are usually in and out within 2-3 hours.

@house_cat   Two to three hours is a long time for two women to clean a 1300 sq. ft. house.  My housekeepers spend 1 1/2 hours to clean my 1200 sq. ft. house and do an excellent job.  I have two bathrooms, and I think you said you have 2 1/2.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Are they getting paid by the hour?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)