Honored Contributor

Re: House, apartment, condo, or?????

Live in a 3 story hi-rise complex in a 55+ gated video secured community in Jurassic Park the boonies.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

rancher on one acre of land is my main home in the suburb of a large city.

one bedroom apartment across the country on the west coast is my second home, in the suburb of a large city.

beach home is a two bedroom/two bathroom high rise condo on the beach, in a small beach community that is very quiet in the off season.....october through mid may.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm in a three bedroom home alone with lots of closets, all of which are filled past capacity.  It's in a suburban subdivision on a Mesa above Albuquerque.  I can look down on the city at night and have a good view of the Sandia Mountains across the valley.   I like to sit on my patio in the evening.  Right before the sun sets, the mountains typically turn a deep mauve color for about 5 minutes.  I never tire of watching this.

Lovely...

ar132855075213219.jpg (694×534)

Respected Contributor

We live in a single family home, but we are starting to look at smaller homes with less outside maintenance.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl...Sorry for your loss...we have a fairly large home in a subdivision. We have tried to sell thehouse many times and cannot sell, unless we want to give it away.  I have slowly cleaned out drawers, closets, etc. I am finally done, it took several years and several garage sales and selling to consigment shops and Goodwill.    I still have a house full of things but I love all that I have kept, and many pieces are family pieces that  I will pass down. I will probably end up dying in this house which makes me sad but probably the reality.  My family will not have to go thru a lot of excess stuff, I have already done that job.

If you want to down size, just take a room at a time so it is not so overwhelming.  This is something that I love doing and have recently helped my neighbor get in the groove of cleaning out.  She will be moving in a couple of years and has done a good job of weeding out, but it does take time.

Trusted Contributor

image.jpeg

Super Contributor

Own a 4 bedroom home with 1 1/2 baths. 

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@Kachina624@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm in a three bedroom home alone with lots of closets, all of which are filled past capacity.  It's in a suburban subdivision on a Mesa above Albuquerque.  I can look down on the city at night and have a good view of the Sandia Mountains across the valley.   I like to sit on my patio in the evening.  Right before the sun sets, the mountains typically turn a deep mauve color for about 5 minutes.  I never tire of watching this.

Lovely...

ar132855075213219.jpg (694×534)

@feline groovy  That's it, that's my mountain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I've got the McDowell's to my north..........they've been hidden in a cloud of blowing DIRT for the past two days......(!)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi  Do they change color too?  Do you have a good view?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment