Honored Contributor

Re: House Hunters and Other HGTV Shows!

I like to watch House Hunters, and especially House Hunters Internatiional.  I don't like either sets of hosts for the other two shows, so I never watch those.

Honored Contributor

I like HHI (International), and I know it's fake and the person has already chosen his or her place.  There are two issues that drive me crazy with any of these HH shows:  1. When they revisit the person too soon and no changes or updating has been done, and 2., when they have a cheapo budget and they have to decide between three less than stellar places.  It's a TV show!!  Show us something good!!!

Honored Contributor

I have gone back and edited my original post, so that the info about David and Hilary is not there, since it is not true~! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette I'm with you 100% !! I don't like the other two shows. I enjoy HH as it's fun to see houses and different parts of the country.

Respected Contributor

Do people that appear on the HH shows get anything from the show for the trouble of appearing?  Like maybe, help with moving costs or some new appliances?

Contributor

Sad to say but as bad as the rest of television is I don’t even care. Always have enjoyed House Hunters International. At least I get to see other types of houses in different locations. In my opinion television has never been worse. 

Esteemed Contributor

These home shows have gotten so boring and repetitive. Years ago, the shows were more interesting and fun to watch.

It's like no one can come up with new shows -- they just keep showing the same old, same old. I haven't watched in several years - except when I'm changing channels, I'll watch for a few minutes. I don't even like any of the hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy looking at all of the HGTV shows ... most of the time there is nothing good on TV & these shows are enjoyable 🥰

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

I like to watch House Hunters, and especially House Hunters Internatiional.  I don't like either sets of hosts for the other two shows, so I never watch those.

I like all these shows, very entertaining and relaxing, and I particularly enjoy the ones abroad, can see homes in other countries, different lifestyles.

But what I really want to know is what are all these jobs you can do anywhere in the world over wifi.  Are they good jobs?

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I like HHI (International), and I know it's fake and the person has already chosen his or her place.  There are two issues that drive me crazy with any of these HH shows:  1. When they revisit the person too soon and no changes or updating has been done, and 2., when they have a cheapo budget and they have to decide between three less than stellar places.  It's a TV show!!  Show us something good!!!

I actually like to see the variety of budgets and what it can get you, even in the US.  I think house hunters has more realistic budgets, while the other shows have fantasy budgets.  But costs are different everywhere.  Feel free to correct me on this.