16 new shows this winter/spring! Some called

Breaking Bland

Everything but the House

Texas Two Step

Self Made Mansions

My Lottery Dream House Int'l

Unifinished Business

Inside/Out

And more! I am so glad, looking forward to watching several of them for sure! It has been much needed for along time!

Trusted Contributor

Re: House Beautiful Magazine Just Announced that HGTV Will Premiere

No much there I am dying to see.  I may tune in from time to time due to lack of nothing else on, but on the whole its kind of an Eh from me.

Honored Contributor

Kind of hard to tell by the cutesy titles but I hope they're moving away from the real estate track and more toward decorating.  I had enough of Chip and Joanna and am sick of "Texas" style.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

New doesn't mean better and unless these are engaging and not just more of the same with different titles, I'm not much interested. Besides, I'd like to see them resurrect some of their older shows that worked, along with adding fresh, new shows that diversify their aesthetic, which has grown incredibly stale and predictable. Anything that helps moves them away from all real estate and rehab all the time will help...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing on this list sounds interesting. How many ways can you renovate a house or house hunt. Same tired formats. 
I wish the list included gardening and crafting shows. 

Respected Contributor

Many years ago they had show that were focused on design and decorating rooms rather than totally tearing down a house.

One show in particular showed a multi thousand dollar room and then duplicated the look without the price tag.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb   Remember Sarah Richardson?  I enjoy an hour of her old shows every day on Dabl on antenna.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@stevieb   Remember Sarah Richardson?  I enjoy an hour of her old shows every day on Dabl on antenna.

@Kachina624  Her shows were among my favorites and they've had nothing on in recent memory that even comes close. There were other good ones too, but for the past decade or so, merely variations on the same themes (rehab and real estate) and the same design aesthetics.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I loved Sarah Richardson.  I also liked Candace Olson.  There were others I liked a lot, too.  There was a show called Curb Appeal that I really enjoyed, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Many years ago they had show that were focused on design and decorating rooms rather than totally tearing down a house.

One show in particular showed a multi thousand dollar room and then duplicated the look without the price tag.

I loved that show.  Sometimes I wondered how the other rooms in the home looked like after they did these (usually elegant) transformations.  

Was that a Candace Olsen show also?