Respected Contributor

Hoover Power Scrub Elite Multifloor Carpet Cleaner

HSN has this on special today at 647-588 for $154.95 with free shipping and 5 payments.  Does anyone have this?  I'm thinking about it for my carpets and cat stains. It has a wash/rinse mode so that you can rinse the carpet after it is washed.  It also has a hot air dryer that blows as it pulls up the water. This model does come with an attachable squeegee for doing hard floors, so it will do both flooring types. 

Hoover® Power Scrub Elite Multifloor Carpet Cleaner with Accessories

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hoover Power Scrub Elite Multifloor Carpet Cleaner

I can't speak about this particular model but have always purchased Hoover.  I have had 2 over a 30 year span....so I say it's a work horse cleaner without problems.  My dog's hair clogged the first machine but it still worked - just not as good.  If I were you..........I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a good machine, I've had Hoovers before and they have always worked well. Walmart has the same product for 159.00 also free 2 day shipping, some stores may have in stock for pickup.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I have a hoover floormate which probably is an older model. I like it but the water bin is small & needs to be refilled that's ok for me. Other problem is finding the cleaner, which I just order on line at the big A on line store don't think I can mention the name. I only have tile floors so I don't know about hardwood but I am always suprised how much dirt that machine gets.

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 I did look at the one for the same price at WalMart's site, but it doesn't have the accessories and with free shipping, I went with HSN. It does get good reviews everywhere I went to look at it, so there it is. It is a bonus that it has the squeegee that is extra on the Hoover site for use with hard floors, something I will use in the laundry, kitchen and office especially around the litter bins. I do steam the floors so it cleans well but doesn't get that good scrubbing. I will use both.

@sissel The floormate is smaller and better suited for getting around things, but the Hoover at HSN will do hard floors as well. It would depend on how your kitchen and areas are designed.
Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

HSN has this on special today at 647-588 for $154.95 with free shipping and 5 payments.  Does anyone have this?  I'm thinking about it for my carpets and cat stains. It has a wash/rinse mode so that you can rinse the carpet after it is washed.  It also has a hot air dryer that blows as it pulls up the water. This model does come with an attachable squeegee for doing hard floors, so it will do both flooring types. 

Hoover® Power Scrub Elite Multifloor Carpet Cleaner with Accessories

I am ordering it.  It seems easy to use and I looked it up on youtube and people are pleased with it.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have an older model Hoover and it's the best carpet cleaner I've ever used.  I'd buy the TSV in a minute if I needed one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Just saw the video on this seems it's a carpet cleaner & hard floor cleaner all in one. Great price, I have a bissel carpet cleaner & Hoover floormate which if you add up how much they cost me per item is well over the price they are asking. If they break I will look into buying this. 

Esteemed Contributor

MyHoover Steam Vac is 13 years old and still going strong.  I use it on tiles in my kitchen, laundry room, hallway and bathrooms.  I also use it on area rugs.  It is a workhorse and I am always surprised how much dirt comes up! LM

Respected Contributor

I have two almost 19-year-old cats, so accidents happen and so do hairballs.  I have a Hoover carpet cleaner, one of the first with the round scrubbers instead of the roller that my grandmother gave me when she got a new one.  I still have it but it is not sucking as it should.  I also have a Spot Bot that is about 10 years old and great for portability but lost some of its umph too!  This one should last me another 15 years or so.  I do hope it has nice strong suction since cat stains seem to linger even with biological cleaners pre-treating and cleaning.  I also have a cheap carpet.  I think they went with the cheapest they could get at the time and burgundy so the color tends to come up though at least it is uniformly fading and not obvious unless you put some new next to it.  I do want to replace it with the vinyl planks but 2000 square feet isn't cheap, so I'll keep saving and just clean the carpets and pray to win the lotto and sell the lot then.