Honored Contributor

Re: Hooray! My Windows Are Clean1

@Bhvbum wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I've tried so many products trying to clean my windows.  Nothing was working, always streaks.  It was so frustrating to me because in my old house, I was able to get sparkley, clean windows just by cleaning them by hand using windex and paper towels.  I was hesitate to use windex outdoor window cleaner (that attaches to hose) because of was scared I'd get foggy windows.  But I gave in and tried one window today and it worked!  Ended up doing a total of 17 windows.  13 more to go!

Please help me understand what you are using, you first said you were "using Windex and paper towels..", and I am assuming that is for the inside?

But then in the next sentence you said you "hesitated to use Windex outdoor window cleaner... But I gave in and tried one window..."  So is that for the inside or the outside?  

I'm so confused, are you using two different Windex products, one for inside and the other one for outside?

@Bhvbum 

You connect to your hose outdoors. Looks like this.

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I've tried so many products trying to clean my windows.  Nothing was working, always streaks.  It was so frustrating to me because in my old house, I was able to get sparkley, clean windows just by cleaning them by hand using windex and paper towels.  I was hesitate to use windex outdoor window cleaner (that attaches to hose) because of was scared I'd get foggy windows.  But I gave in and tried one window today and it worked!  Ended up doing a total of 17 windows.  13 more to go!

Please help me understand what you are using, you first said you were "using Windex and paper towels..", and I am assuming that is for the inside?

But then in the next sentence you said you "hesitated to use Windex outdoor window cleaner... But I gave in and tried one window..."  So is that for the inside or the outside?  

I'm so confused, are you using two different Windex products, one for inside and the other one for outsi

At my old house, all I would use is Windex spray with paper towels inside and out.  But at the house I live in now, that didn't work.  Neither did many, many other products.  I bought Windex Outdoor.  The one that attaches to a hose.  It has 3 settings:  Off, rinse and cleanse.  First rinse with water, then  cleanse and let set  15 seconds then rinse again.  Worked very well.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Washing windows here is ultra difficult!  The windows on the back side and one side of the house are 3 floors up over blacktop!

I have to open them up and clean from the inside, room windows are 5 ft x 3 ft!

I went from a 1500 square foot ranch house to 7500 square foot 3 story home.  There is no way I can climb a ladder to clean windows that high.  I was able to reach the windows using Windex Outdoor attached to the hose.  

Honored Contributor

Boy, you must have a big home.  I am happy for you that the outdoor windex worked.  There is nothing like clean windows on any house.  That really says something about the owner and how much they care about their house.  I always kept clean windows.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I love the outdoor Windex Cleaner. In fact, it's around this time of year I look to see if I can find it on clearance so I'm sure to have it come next spring.

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy ,I use the Karcher window vac.  No streaks, vacuums the dirty water off.  Battery operated.  I have a lot of windows!  LM

07C928A1-45D1-4D91-8949-1CDE5F2621D6.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished my windows too!  I use vinegar , alcohol and water mixture in a spray bottle with a scrubber and squeegee set.   They come out great and I am doing a happy dance as that is my least favorite thing to do but yet I cannot stand dirty windows!    Right up there with cleaning the oven, LOL!   In my previous home we had 42 windows, now my townhouse is a lot easier as it's only 7 large windows and 2 sliders.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually pay someone to do them.  I didn't do that this year and I think I'll try the outdoor windex, if I can find it, since my windows are too high.  I started doing the sills a few at a time.  There are way too many windows in my house.  By the time I finish, I will need to start over again.  

Honored Contributor

I've been using Invisible Glass for years now.  Great product!

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@ScrapHappy ,I use the Karcher window vac.  No streaks, vacuums the dirty water off.  Battery operated.  I have a lot of windows!  LM

07C928A1-45D1-4D91-8949-1CDE5F2621D6.jpeg

That looks interesting.  I have a steam vac, but bigger/bulky.  I'd try it on the inside but I'd still need something like Windex Outdoor for outside because I just can't climb a ladder 3 stories.  Thanks for posting.