Honored Contributor

Re: Homeowner's Paintings Set The Stage For This Room

I'd replace the coffee table (which really is fine with me) with a couple of leather covered small cubes or ottomans that could be used a coffee tables with tray ontop, footstools, or seating and could be easily moved. 

If you are one who longs for color, they could be colored leather or fabric. 

Honored Contributor

I like the sisal rug.

Honored Contributor

I really like it, but I hate fake fireplaces. Just remove it and put in a real gas fireplace. I know when I see these on House Hunter shows, its like why bother? But I think some people want to feel as if they have one..Otherwise a nice room!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant  I love the light, airy feel to this room. 

One change I would make are the two highback armchairs. I find these type chairs not comfortable for me so would change these two for lower back ones but keep same fabric.   I like the feel of this room.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

If the homeowner actually did the art work, then I like that it is probably the main focus of the room.  I do watercolor and have a few pieces of my work hanging on my walls, but I am not at the point that I would design a room around them.  If someone has not done art, it is not as easy as you might think.

I like white sofas,but they need some more colorful pillows or throws.  The ones on the sofa need to be more vibrant as they look washed out to me.  The coffee table is too large and has too much stuff on it, the fake fireplace should be replaced with a real one or something else, and the chandelier does not go with the room.  

*********   Yes, the homeowner did the artwork.  If you would like to see more of the home and artwork here it is  https://www.countryliving.com/home-design/house-tours/g4441/mississippi- 

Esteemed Contributor

It's an OK room....nothing special.  The homeowner's art isn't doing it for me.  I do really like the chandelier though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Sooner you hit on the biggest problem I see. I'd like to see smaller ottoman storage cubes in place of the coffee table. It's a small space that would work for me other than that one complaint.

Esteemed Contributor

Very cheery and bright room. The paintings are nice also. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:*********   Yes, the homeowner did the artwork.  If you would like to see more of the home and artwork here it is  https://www.countryliving.com/home-design/house-tours/g4441/mississippi-

I liked all the rooms ..I think the house is adorable, warm, and inviting for a family.

I just would change the Dining Room Chairs to more comfortable seating.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant  Just checked out video - love all of it.  Thanks for sharing.