Super Contributor

HomeWorx Slatkin warmer with gels

Did anyone purchase this item from Hary Slatkin.  I received the set and hardly smell the gels...The unit is on my kitchen table so I can keep an eye on it and I hardly notice a difference...In the presentation Harry mentioned to leave it on 24/7.  I read all the instructions and it stated not to be used as a nightlight and do not keep in plugged all the time...Any info on this if anyone has purchased this.  Also I read from another customer that you can't change the bulbs in the bottom of the unit when it burns out.  So it seems the unit will not be of any use after that...  Let meknow....

Respected Contributor

Re: HomeWorx Slatkin warmer with gels

@hondagirl

I can't answer your question about the warmer with gels; however, I can tell you that the plug in scents don't last that long, either.  At first, it is almost overwhelming, but within a couple of days it dies down to nearly nothing.

No more Homeworx for me.  Going back to Archipelago products.  Worth every penny.  Long, long lasting.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

I was in love with mine when I first received it. I only used one gel and it smelled divine. For a while. Could not believe the short life of the fragrance. What an expensive way to scent a room! Because I loved it AT FIRST I recycled all the packaging and my return label. Very disappointed. Am canceling my auto ship! 

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

I plugged mine in yesterday morning with one jell just to see how strong the scent was, by evening nothing.  I wish I had saved the box, cause back it would have gone.

Honored Contributor

A does not require original packaging for returns 

Please don't keep defective or inferior products. 

A must not get away with not fulfilling their promises 

Call customer service and have label sent if you need to but people have to stop accepting inferior products 

Honored Contributor

Harry Slatkin has an excellent reputation and devoted following at QVC. If he starts selling junk he can kiss all of that good-bye.  I've never bought any of his scented items but feel badly for those who trusted him and have been duped.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Hondagirl wrote:

Did anyone purchase this item from Hary Slatkin.  I received the set and hardly smell the gels...The unit is on my kitchen table so I can keep an eye on it and I hardly notice a difference...In the presentation Harry mentioned to leave it on 24/7.  I read all the instructions and it stated not to be used as a nightlight and do not keep in plugged all the time...Any info on this if anyone has purchased this.  Also I read from another customer that you can't change the bulbs in the bottom of the unit when it burns out.  So it seems the unit will not be of any use after that...  Let meknow....

@hondagirl, he said the bulb is LED. LED bulbs are supposed to last a very long time....25-30 years maybe???? So you probably won't ever need to replace it.

Didn't he also say the scent of each gel should last 60 hours? Reviews suggest it doesn't.

Trusted Contributor

I read some early reviews  that said they  could not smell anything even while standing over the unit.

It is too bad that the scent fades so quickly because it is a good idea. I like to melt wax, but always worry about hot wax spilling all over.

Perhaps they can do a reformulation to improve the staying power.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

A does not require original packaging for returns 

Please don't keep defective or inferior products. 

A must not get away with not fulfilling their promises 

Call customer service and have label sent if you need to but people have to stop accepting inferior products 

Geez people!

I posted from my phone and I swear I pressed Q not A!

I hate posting from my phone, I can't see or use the key pad with my old eyes and clumsy fingers!

Sorry if that didn't make any sense originally!