Trusted Contributor

I fired up my first Slakin candle this weekend the Maple Rum Strudel, and does it ever put out a scent!  I've been been following some Youtubers regarding candles (there's a whole candle culture out there!) and found out that for the first burn you should leave it burning for a few hours to distribute the wax pool.  Had no clue about the do and don'ts of candle burning but I'm very pleased with the "throw!" 

Contributor

I too have been super impressed with the amount of fragrance when burning.   Every scent I have tried has been just exquisite!  I’m loving the 4 wick, too!  And you’re right- the candle burns more evenly and for longer when you leave it lit for a few hours the first time.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried HomeWorx and liked them, but they're a bit pricey for me. I stumbled on Goose Creek Candles and am addicted to them. Very reasonably priced (especially their weekend sales), and the "throw" is awesome.

Respected Contributor

I never burn candles.  I leave them out for the scent.  I bought one from Pier 1 called Bourbon and it smells great.  Here are the fragrance notes for it:

Dark amber notes mixed with oak-aged bourbon are gently mingled with smoked vanilla bean, elements of hickory and touches of birch enhanced with crushed black peppercorns, spicy nutmeg and golden clove bud.

Contributor

I too bought the Slatkin candles in the fall selection. The scents are awesome.  The glass holders are beautiful also. 

I love the autumn leaves. But I have noticed that the wicks are  short so that means the flames are very very low. Don't think it will last to much longer and still have plenty of wax in the container. The flames are licking the wax. My first Slatkin candles not sure if I will continue buying due to this. 

It's only have way burnt. Has anyone else had this problem?

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I never burn candles.  I leave them out for the scent.  I bought one from Pier 1 called Bourbon and it smells great.  Here are the fragrance notes for it:

Dark amber notes mixed with oak-aged bourbon are gently mingled with smoked vanilla bean, elements of hickory and touches of birch enhanced with crushed black peppercorns, spicy nutmeg and golden clove bud.

I have had this one, but I did burn it and it smells awesome!!!!!! Love it! I also love Harry Slatkin's Homeworx candles-great scent throw, and they burn so evenly.....I also love Pier One's 3 wick Candles, they burn really nice, and have great scents, and they are 2 for 20.00..... 

Contributor

Just venting...I understand people have had issues with the 4 wick candles and some don't pool the way they are supposed to or don't smell the way they want (I have had ZERO issues with any of Harry's candles btw).  So some candles get good reviews, others bad....but there is one "reviewer" who seems to go on every single one of Harry's candles and rips them to shreds, and it's irritating the heck out of me....if you tried one, or two, or even THREE of Harry's candle sets and you don't like ANY of them...why the heck do you keep BUYING them?  like I said, just venting

Super Contributor

I also have the Maple Rum candle and it is very well scented. We have been enjoying all the Fall and Winter Homeworx candles this season. Some are more scented that others, but I must say of all the candles I have bought , the Slatkin ones require no maintenance at all . I just light them, they burn evenly, and no tunneling.  I don’t have to keep watching and twirling then around so they won’t get uneven burning. The throw is amazing as well.   

Regular Contributor

Harry's candles are great -- although sometimes, they are too strong. I loved the spring/summer scents but getting into the fall/holiday scents I found a few I just couldn't tolerate for more than a few minutes. The Deliciously Apple one for some reason turns my stomach. And while I love the Season's Greetings (balsam) scent, it's incredibly strong and I was worried it was irritating my dogs (since their sense of smell is so much greater than ours). 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Burning the Royal Bellini now, his candles do smell good.