Honored Contributor

Re: Home buyers and bathtubs

You could put up something similar to crime scene tape......crepe paper or even use a saw-horse, or highway cones

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Actually, I did complain to my realtor about the tub situation.  But with so many different realtors showing the house, my request not to let people in my tub didn't reach everybody. 

One time I was gone all day and I came home to every light in the house turned on.  It turned out the house was shown that morning and the lights had burned all day.

I guess I'm being a little critical because I used to be a realtor and I just can't excuse that kind of unprofessional behavior.  I usually spent a few minutes going back through the house to check on lights, etc. to give my buyers a few minutes to privately discuss the house after a showing.  (This was back in the time when the realtors chauffered the buyers around in their own cars instead of just meeting them at the property!)

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

If you are serious about buying the house, get in the tub, take the dog in with you, or heck take a bath for all I care!  Just BUY the house!  Get in, see what it's like.  You'll love it!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

How about whether they fit inside or not...can they stretch their legs out...and if it's comfortable.?

I've seen stores selling bathtubs put plain paper on the bottom.  Evidently, they expect people to try them out. 

Super Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

How about whether they fit inside or not...can they stretch their legs out...and if it's comfortable.?

I've seen stores selling bathtubs put plain paper on the bottom.  Evidently, they expect people to try them out. 

But that's a store, not my personal bathtub!  I get it though.  There may be some special reason a person needs to try out the tub.  Just don't scuff up my tub!  Woman Tongue

Man plans. God laughs.
Esteemed Contributor

Tubs come in different sizes. Length, width and depth.

I still take a hot soaker bath most nights. Nothing is worse than the feel of being squished in a tub. I'm 5'8 so yes it matters to me.

No sardine cans ! 

Honored Contributor

I've seen it a lot on HGTV, but it has usually been with men that are tall wanting to see if they fit in the tub, which I get but take off your shoes!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

@caroln242  Just yesterday, I had a guy from a plumbing service at my house to give me an estimate on replacing faucets and a new vanity in my bathroom. The guy climbed into my tub with his shoes on!! He stood there staring at the current shower faucet for no reason - the new set was in a box in the garage. He left filthy disgusting black shoe prints in my tub! So GROSS and so inconsiderate.

I tried cleaning the tub with Clorox wipes and then Fantastic spray; neither worked. I finally used a bleach cleaner and then sanitized the whole thing.

He called this morning to see if I would accept his estimate. I told him I don't think it would work out and that I was shocked that he got in my tub with his shoes on. He cut the conversation short, thanked me, and we hung up. I would never, ever hire him. Ugh.

Honored Contributor

OMG---I spent WEEKS/MONTHS getting my house ready to sell this last Jan---cleaning and making sure every little thing was in place and during this pandemic to boot---house listed on a Friday night and the house sold Sunday!!!! Had over a hundred  people go thru it in that time span---and every night when the showings were over, I had to spend another few hours cleaning and vacuuming and sanitizing all touch able surfaces----things were moved, feet were not wiped at the front door, and a whole host of other things--fortunately, I had no tubs to crawl into--but it was kind of scary at the thought of complete strangers rummaging thru my house------

Honored Contributor

I'd fill it with sudsy/bubbly water.

We will no longer be living in this house when we sell it, so I guess I won't care what people do.

I'll just have to remember about people doing that which is something I've never even thought about!