Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece

I hear ya!  Dad died in February, small ceremony here, transport to NY, wake, funeral and ceremony there, then piles and piles of paperwork.

We weren't even out from under it when Mom died in May - did it all over again.

One of my goals this summer is to get my files in order so it will be easier on my kids when it's their turn to deal with all of this.  

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@ Celtic Crafter and 151949

Today their aren't many folks who are under 50 who want trikets.  They are a thing of the past.  We plan o callig in a charity with a moving truck to come and haul off everything.  Maybe some small sector of society might appreciate the dust collectors but not me.  It's good to clean up and clear away the clutter.  Many photos that make no sense to me are also goin gto be shredded and sent off in the garbage.  They are ot wanted by anyone. 

Interesting how things are seen today. 

I'm not talking about trinkets - they want to give me rooms of furniture. Thanks but no thanks.  

My DH the semi hoarder has a drawer full of wedding pictures and he doesn't know who the people are but he absolutely refuses to throw them away. I bet someone wonders where their wedding pictures went. They are from WW11 era.

I understand the funiture items as well.  My late MIL taste was atrocious and we don't have ANY takers.  It will all have to go to a charity at our expense of course.  GRRRR.

All old photos of whomever - no one wants because they are peple log gone and ......who cares.  There goes my Summer. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece

We had just moved my mom to assisted living when she passed away. We hadn't even had time to empty her previous two bedroom apartment. When we got back from the trip to NY I was totally overwhelmed.  My husband knew that, most of all, I was dreading going back to the assisted living place which I had just set up for her.  He took it upon himself to clear it out and it took him only three days - he called the local women's shelter and they came and took almost everything.  They set up residences for women who've had to leave everything and flee. They were thrilled to get it and we were thrilled to be rid of it.  Now I have to empty the other aparment, which is more complicated, but I will be calling them again.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@House Cat

Excellent suggestion - A Women's Shelter!  Will give them a call next week!  Thanks.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust