Honored Contributor

I haven't watched ANY of these shows, but all the posts here piqued my interest.  

So I found HGTV and watched the other day.

It was the show with Chip and Joanne/Joanna(?).  They found a couple a DILAPITATED, I mean worse case scenerio house, in Crawford, TX.  Tore it apart, why they didn't bulldoze it over is beyond me, and pick up the scraps they wanted to re-use.  

All I needed to see was a nest of carpenter ants and I had the willies for the rest of the show. 

Not wild about Chip and Mrs. Chip.  Or would it be Mr. Joanne?

Honored Contributor

Thanks for mentioning this show.  I've seen 2 so far and really enjoyed it.

I just watched the episode where they moved the 1938 farm house.  I think they do a good job of retaining as much of the original as possible or repurposing it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Re: Home Town - HGTV

[ Edited ]

Have to put my two cents worth on here. I totally agree that Chip acts like a child on that show. I cannot understand how he thinks that he is even the least bit funny or entertaining. I really like him and Joann but you can tell even she does not find him that entertaining  at times. Plus he really has let himself go in the the presentation of himself on their show. That hair of his always looks like it needs a really good washing plus a hair cut would help a lot. Guess this leg of mine is hurting worse then I thought it is, since I am being so  pickey. But from how he presented himself when they first started (well groomed) to now is a big difference. Really do enjoy watching the new program HOME TOWN they are a cute couple and they do a nice job. 

Honored Contributor

I watched Home Town for the first time the other day.  I liked it a lot. The only thing I didn't understand is why all the men have such heavy beards.  There were three men in the show, and all three had beards.  I don't find beards attractive at all, especially not long heavy ones.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@cater The good news is that Chip grew out his hair and then had it shaved off for St Jude’s. It was to raise money for the hospital,I believe. 

Trusted Contributor

@cater The good news is that Chip grew out his hair and then had it shaved off for St Jude’s. It was to raise money for the hospital,I believe. He’s back to normal now and running a marathon for cancer charity. 

Honored Contributor

Never seen it but might check it out... Wish, though, HGTV would lose the whole 'couples' thing. Like everything else they do, they're running it into the ground...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

So far I like this show....

Honored Contributor

@NickNackwrote:

I watched Home Town for the first time the other day.  I liked it a lot. The only thing I didn't understand is why all the men have such heavy beards.  There were three men in the show, and all three had beards.  I don't find beards attractive at all, especially not long heavy ones.

I agree. The long, thick ugly beard trend is one I hope is very short lived. They're repulsive. And yes, that's strictly my opinion. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Having lived in a community with a lot of Amish  as a child I am used to beards. My DH had a beard when we got married but shaved it soon after. I always liked it - but his was very short & neat.