Super Contributor

Home Reflections 800TC Cotton Blend Sheet/Set

Received these sheets in August 2019 and at first they were so soft and silky. After a few washings and using them at least once or two a month they are starting to pill...I guess I should have been more careful when they are a cotton blend... I was ready to order another set and so now I will not be ordering again... Because they are starting to pill there are rough spots on the sheets that you can feel... Beware of this with only a few months purchased...

Respected Contributor

Re: Home Reflections 800TC Cotton Blend Sheet/Set

Unfortunately I had the same experience and it’s very disappointing.

Super Contributor

The sheets are junk... You are better off spending some money on good sheets that are 100% cotton - do not buy anything that is a blend... Does not last and you will get pills...I will stilll use the sheets but I can feel the pills - they are rough....

Honored Contributor

100% cotton sheets can pill too.  The cotton needs to be be made with long fibers.  Polyester and cotton blended sheets are the worse for pilling, especially sateen.

Buy Egyptian long staple, Prima or Supima percal sheets.  Sateen might feel nice at first, but it is a cheaper weave to manufacture  and is prone to pilling.

Never wash sheets in hot water, nor dry at a high heat setting.  Wash and dry alone and never with towels or other clothing.

Good sheets are expensive, but sometimes you can find a great bargain. I am always on the look out for sheets, and have purchased some at great prices.

I am a cotton sheet snob...well a cotton snob..period.  Almost everything I own is 100% cotton.

Super Contributor

My sheets are still brand new... Just got them in August... They pill already - yuk... They feel terrible....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate sheets that are rough or pill. The most uncomfortable thing ever. Guess I'm a sheet snob cuz I won't sleep on them if they are like that.

DH said I made the bed too comfy since he cannot seem to get out of it in the morning. LOL!!!

I just bought a set of SuPima cotton sheets 400TC from Lands End. They are soft & comfy.

I put the flannel sheets on the bed but it's not cold enough for those yet. It has to get cold & stay cold.

Right now I have the SuPima fitted sheet & pillowcases on the bed with the flannel top sheet.

Honored Contributor

I only buy 400TC 100% cotton sheets.  I like the ones from Cuddledown.  Any higher thread count than 400 are way too thick.  I also don't like a blend in sheets.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Cotton sheets with a sateen sheen finish pill sometimes. I like 400 thread count Supima cotton sheets percale. I like previous Northern Nights in 400 thread count cotton. You have to read all the reviews before you buy these days. I have some fifty and sixty year old sets that are a cotton poly blend from my grandmother and mother. These sheets are smooth as can be. I have no idea how they made the sheets back then. These sheets were smooth from day one.