Respected Contributor

Re: Holiday Home Down South...

@Foxxee wrote:

I'd like to see larger wreaths on the windows. They look lost on this large house.  The window on the left needs a wreath, too.  

The outdoor furniture, to me, looks too summery with Christmas decorations.  

I might add two lighted trees or other decor one both sides of the door.  This is a long porch that needs something.

I also think garland wrapped around the pillars would finish the project nicely.

The house is too large for minimal decorations.  

Not liking the LR decor or Christmas decorations.  IMO, this is a great house with beautiful architecture where interior and exterior decor is not enhancing its beauty.  

I agree about the window wreaths needing to be larger, and while I'm not sure the columns need garlands, I do think that the garland framing the door is hung too haphazardly

Valued Contributor

The overall architecture and aesthetic of homes in the south truly make me want to move. 

This home is lovely, I hope you post the additional pictures @stevieb 

Honored Contributor

I'm not feeling that shade of blue.  In fact, it clashes with the Christmas decorations (which are lovely.)

Honored Contributor

That living room needs far nicer and more substantial coffee table and end tables to "hold down" the floor.  Those they have are too fiddly.  

As a matter of fact, all the furniture is really too small scale for the room.

Valued Contributor

I LOVE the new sort of slate blue shade (dark blue but not navy) they are using on kitchen cabinets, etc. on HGTV.  I don't know the color name but I refer to it as Pottery Barn blue.  It would certainly help enhance the Christmas decor instead of clash as this shade does BUT looks great ... I painted my bedroom that color and love it with crisp white.  I LOVE the simplicity of the architecture !!  

Respected Contributor

Very tastefully styled but for me the blue furniture in and out looks disconnected from the Christmas decor.  I think it clashes.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

I agree.  The blue is somewhat overpowering.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

I agree. I like the house & decorations, but I’m not loving the blue furnishings. 

Honored Contributor

Truth be told, although I think the porch furniture is attractive, I wouldn't want all that blue out there front and center distracting from the beautiful house in any season...  Were this a back porch, it would be fine, but not, for me, on the front of the house, where the focus should be on that lovely house and yard...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb I can't believe it but I actually love all the blue! I even kind of like the drapes but don't like that big lighting fixture.

Otherwise, I like it ALL! I love blue in my home as well.