Occasional Contributor

Holiday Gold and Red Bethleham Lights.

[ Edited ]

I bought a few years ago 2 sets of these Holiday candles and have enjoyed them each Holiday season except for this year. They cracked completely through 3/4 of the way down, all 4 of them. One red one has completely peeled at the top. I'm so dissapointed and I know I probably have no leg to stand on to have them replaced or given a credit to purchase something else. I received 2 of each color in separate boxes. They have timers and that's what I have always enjoyed are the timers. This is not the only items I have bought from Bethleham lights. I'm not a rich person but I do love my Christmas items. I will no longer be buying from them because of their faulty products and the trouble I had having to return a 6' christmas tree when the lights went out on an entire section. I tried to find them in my past purchases but couldn't. I'm throwing them out. All done with this seller. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Holiday Gold and Red Bethleham Lights.

[ Edited ]

t's discouraging isn't it?

For the last five years I've bought at least 20 sets of battery operated lights with timers and six this year. They've all stopped working. this year I purchased six strings in early October, two weeks ago I put them in my windows and only two are working at this time.

I also bought BL tree, the first week one section stopped lighting.

I noticed that this season there are very few strings of lights offered from Bethlehem lights.

I have many wreaths and garlands by BL. I've ended up cutting the lights off and putting electric lights on them. At least I know the following year. the lights will come on.

We live and and learn, usually after it cost us dear money.

Respected Contributor

Regarding the Bethlehem trees my cousin bought one from QVC, and the very same Christmas she bought it the thing quit working. She and her husband are both very ill and there was no way they could get that big thing repacked to send back neither one of them has enough strength so there it sits in their basement and they are out hundreds of dollars. My heart goes out to them they thought they were getting a tree that would last years and they got stuck with one that didn't even last the holiday.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used BL battery operated lights for a while and was pretty happy with them. Not infallible but not bad either. This year they didn't offer too many strands from BL but changed to the Santa's best brand, well, they aren't any better. The multi lights are pastel not holiday and the string I put out on the mailbox just failed and its only been outside a week. Very disappointed and I'm returning all of 4 sets.

Occasional Contributor

I won’t ever buy another tree from BL again.  Doubt I’ll ever buy anything from BL again.