Respected Contributor

Holiday Candles from Trader Joes

Has anyone else purchases the scented soy candles from TJ’s that are in the tins?  I had a pumpkin and a vanilla one from Thanksgiving and today I got a gingerbread and a cedar/balsam one.  I like more lightly scented candles which these are and the price is right- $3.99!

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Candles from Trader Joes

Thanks for the tip!  I haven't been to TJs for a few months but plan on going tomorrow.  I like their hot chocolate & will look for the candles.

Trusted Contributor

I'm on my second pumpkin and I know I have a balsam somewhere but I can't find it!

They are the best buy going.  I have a few summer scents as well, grapefruit and Mango Tangerine. Can't beat the price.

FYI..If you have an Aldi around they have a pumpkin harvest candle that is amazing too!

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately our Trader Joes are across town on the only road they can't widen!  To get in and out is a total nightmare no matter what time of the year!Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I bought a gingerbread one...smells great.  I don't light candles.  I just let the open candle lightly scent the room.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I bought a gingerbread one...smells great.  I don't light candles.  I just let the open candle lightly scent the room.

I do the same thing; I have the the Honeycrisp Apple and the Vanilla Pumpkin.  They give off a very soft subtle fragrance unlit, and the Honeycrisp Apple one smells amazingly like an apple.

Honored Contributor

I love them too.I want to buy the gingerbread but right now I have balsam fir.

Respected Contributor

@Caligurl
@Marsha2003

I often do not burn because of safety issues. I bought an electric candle warmer and enjoy the lovely scents. Maybe not quite as potent but still enjoyable. I gave warmers to many in my family last Christmas because I worry about candles. ONE CANNOT LEAVE the ROOM!
Honored Contributor

I have been in  TJ's about 4 times in my life.  Not saying that they don't have some nice products.  I am in love with Aroma Naturals candles made with essential oils.  They smell so good it is unbelievable.  I was first introduced to them at Whole Foods and now I shop online at their site.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the notice, @FastDogWalker2

I stopped by my local TJ's and picked up two gingerbread candles.  They have a lovely caramel overtone.  One is going to my mail carrier.

I wish they'd had the apple ones someone mentioned, but gingerbread and the cedar/balsam was all they had today.  

p.s.  This is the adorable note by TJ's in their online "Fearless Flyer" about the candle pricing:

"NOTE: Since posting, the details of this item may have changed due to fluctuating market prices, federal regulations, currency rates, drought, pestilence, bandits, rush hour traffic, filibusters, zombie apocalypse, punctilious product developers... Contact our Crew for current price and availability."

Image result for trader joe's candles

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.