Valued Contributor

I have a couch that has recliners on both ends and a stationary seat in the middle.  On one side only between the stationary seat and the recliner seat I have a hole and a part that looks like it has been scraped but not all the way through.  Does anyone have anything they tried that may help fix or cover so that these places don't get worse?  In addition the color is a light sage greenish color.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used leather patch kits and they work for a while. I would try duct tape. It comes in so many colors you most likely could find a match. To secure it, I would place in on the inside of the hole/damage and perhaps the top of the fabric for reinforcement. 

I had an old leather chair that I used the patch product. Now, I would use the tape. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

Seems like I frequently see products advertised to repair leather upholstery but don't pay attention since I have none. Try searching "leather repair kit" on Amazon. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I have used the leather repair patch for couches from Amazon on both arms of our leather couch after our puppy chewed it .

It is still in place but I didn't see a green color swatch for it, like the color you mentioned. 

Super Contributor

We have a very high quality leather sectional and was horrified when I discover a realtively large tear.; have NO idea how it happened!  I found a leather repair guy who did a flawless repair for $250 with a 5 year warranty on his work.  For me, it was well worth it.  Prices will vary according to nature and size of the damage but may be worth looking into.  We sent a photo for an estimate.  Google or go to yelp "leather furniture repair" in your area.  They will all pop up.  Some repair companies also do furniture and leather car seat repairs.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I have repaired a Hole in a leather recliner and chairs in my hair salon with a kit I  bought on Amazon.  It was easy,  The most difficult part was matching the color.  I had to mix the colors until I got it.

The repair blends  in well.  There are a few different kits to choose from  with  different colors.

895D956E-74FD-471D-A529-EE3DCCAEC15D.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your recommendations, I appreciate them.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I would replace anything that had a hole in it.  I realize that is not an option for everyone, but at the very least, a professional repair may be an option.  I believe some companies would come to your home and do the repair on the premises.