Valued Contributor

His and her master baths.

[ Edited ]

Would much prefer that to a huge master bath that accommodates two people.  I see those on renovation shows on TV and think there's nothing I do in the bathroom that I want an audience.  

A high school friend's parents had his and hers master baths.  That's the only one I've ever seen.  That was also a lot of years ago.

I'm spoiled from having my own bathroom for a long time.  I never want to share a bathroom ever again.

That's all.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: His and her master baths.

I Am in complete agreement with you!  We have always had our own individual bathrooms, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. The over the top masters baths seem like they are more for entertaining than using.  

Honored Contributor

Not fussy. Just having a bathroom off the master fulfills our needs.

Honored Contributor

DH and I have never shared a bathroom...except on vacation.  His is attached to the master...small footprint.  Mine is larger, lucky me!

Esteemed Contributor

We both have our own bathrooms.  Mine is on the main floor and handicapped accessible.  His is in our  finished basement that he has two ways to get to it.  It's great because he doesn't have to track mud and grass throughout the house.  

Respected Contributor

As a realtor, I worked with one couple who renovated their master baths into his and hers in both the house they sold and the one they bought.  His just had a toilet and sink.  Hers also had shower and tub.   I'd like to have the same!

Honored Contributor

I think it is an excellent idea and builders need to include in their plans or offer as an option.  I would love my own bathroom if I was married again.  This way you can clean your and he can clean his.  When I was married, I did it all -- work, clean the house, grocery shopped and cooked.  Doesn't seem unbalanced?  That's why I am divorced.  LOL

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

DH does clean his own bath but will admit I do the deep clean.

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't want to share my own bathroom, then again, I'm single so there's that.  Seriously, I really don't have a problem sharing a bathroom as long as other people clean up after themselves after using the bathroom. 

Honored Contributor

My DH and i share the master bath off of our bedroom.  Down the hall is an unused extra  large bath reserved for guests. ( used to he the kid's bath.) we have always been in different schedules and don't mind sharing.

Many new homes around us are being built with two master bedrooms each with a master bath.  They are selling well.