Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I see only one problem with this.

The drawers are mostly empty.

😅😅😅

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I am partial to dry reds at room temperature so would work perfectly for me. I'm just mad I don't have stairs!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Unique & practical.  I'm with you though @lolakimono .. I would also use for shoes.  Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono   If one did partake of its literal contents, they would have a good excuse to say they were "falling down drunk." 😜

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

Pretty clever!  I'm not a wine drinker so I'd use them for shoes also.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Could be a good idea but what aobut temp control. Are not wine drinkers not concerned aobut this?

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Agree with those of you who question temperature control.   Bad idea to store any wine in the house unless it is in a controlled temp room/wine frig.   We are fortunate in the northeast to have basements that stay around 55-60 degrees all year long.  That's where all our wine is stored.  DH is a wine connoisseur and would faint if someone actually used this storage for their wine, LOL.  I can see using it for other storage though!

Honored Contributor

Cool idea as long as someone doesn't forget to close a drawer completely.  Wouldn't want to take a header down the stairs.

Honored Contributor

Interesting but I would rather have the wine cellar in a room.

kindness is strength