@lolakimono @PINKdogWOOD 

Looks like a good idea!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Hidden Basement Entrance

Very nice!

Respected Contributor

I suppose that would be good if you were in need of hiding your husband or kids or just yourself from your husband or kids or both.  or....you could put your mother in law down there and no one would know.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn’t care for it. I’m a scaredy-cat so I’d imagine anything and everything of getting in.

For what’s left of my sanity, I say nay!!

Trusted Contributor

Not a bad idea. It would make it easier I guess to get to the plumbing and heat pump ducts etc.

But it reminds me a little of my granny's tater hole. It was at the side of the house with steps leading under the house with similar doors.  She kept her potatoes from the garden and food that she canned,  green beans, corn,chow chow, jellies etc. She had a pull chain light to turn on when she needed something.  It would stay cool in the summer and above freezing in the winter.  Mermories !!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono  Not only do I like it, we are getting ready to install bilco doors and I am going to try to get a version of this.  I like that you cannot see the doors, which to me is a safety feature.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I'd call that a crawl space.  Or a place where there could have been a coal scuttle.  Nicely done - the composite decking isn't cheap.

We have a hidden trap door inside the house to get to a place like that.  It does duty as a closet that also houses the water heater.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

My neighbor in my previous home has this. She loves it.