Honored Contributor

Love the tile, not the color.

Honored Contributor

It seems that this is trying to become popular.  I do not like it at all.  Reminds me of a bee hive.  Yuck.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@sligo 

I'm with you.   I don't like granite and think concrete countertops would be great!   Go for it.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a similar dark hexagonal tile backsplash on an episode of Flip or Flop in June.  It seemed to work because everything else was a neutral color.  

It would be easy to change up accent colors with that backsplash, but after a while I might feel like I were inside a wasp nest. 😜  My parents had this shaped tile in a bathroom they remodeled in the early 80s, but theirs was white.  They don't live there anymore, though, so I'm not sure if it's still there.

Honored Contributor

Not a big fan although it looks nice in the photo.  It wouldn't be my choice in my house.

Esteemed Contributor

When I think of the hex shape, I think of a bathroom.  Yeah, I know this is a larger size than what is typically in a bathroom but still that's what it reminds me of.  I love the darker tilework.  Flip or Flop did something similar with an all white kitchen only it was a black subway tile.  I'm kind of over white kitchens but it was a design that I absolutely loved!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Like the irish farm sink, do not like the black backsplash....way too much!