Regular Contributor

Help with Excess Wax after Candle is Burned

I'm hoping someone can give me a tip on how to get the small amount of wax out that is left at the bottom of candles. I was told to put the glass container in the freezer and after frozen, the wax would just "pop" out. Well, I tried and it didn't work. Anyone have any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Help with Excess Wax after Candle is Burned

I can't help w/your particular issue.  However, what I do prior to putting a candle in its container, I spray the bottom & side w/a little Pam.  Then I put salt into the container just enough too layer the bottom. 

When candle is completly burned, the remaining wax slides right out.  The waxy stragglers left on the walls of the container can be easily removed w/a butter knife.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you can still burn it light it. After the wax melts a little pour into safe container you can toss. Now it should be easy to remove with a butter knife. If you cannot light it you could try one of those candle or coffee warmers.

Regular Contributor

Regular Contributor

@Nightowlz It won't light anymore, but the warmer is a great idea! Thanks so much for the help!

Respected Contributor

You can aleways try putting it under a running hot water faucet on low and after a few minutes the leftover wax is usually soft enough to wrangle out. Works for me.Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

You can aleways try putting it under a running hot water faucet on low and after a few minutes the leftover wax is usually soft enough to wrangle out. Works for me.Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~

This is what I used to do and it works great!

Honored Contributor

I have the candleholder in my left hand, the igniter in my right hand, and let the wax drip into the trash can.  

Valued Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

~~~~~~~~~

This is what I used to do and it works great!

I do that too!  I don't let it get liquid, just soft and then I take a butter knife and cut it down the middle and then lift it out in two to three pieces...works pretty good ..

Esteemed Contributor

@michigangirl723 wrote:

I'm hoping someone can give me a tip on how to get the small amount of wax out that is left at the bottom of candles. I was told to put the glass container in the freezer and after frozen, the wax would just "pop" out. Well, I tried and it didn't work. Anyone have any suggestions?

The freezer "trick" is what I have always done. Depending on the container, you may have to break up the wax. I use an ice pick and gently break the frozen wax into pieces. It will come out. In certain containers it will come out in one piece.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein