Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help, please. I'm so afraid to buy another inferior vacuum cleaner.

On 2/16/2015 faeriemoon said:

I have two Electrolux uprights.

I will not stray from this brand. Smile

And I have a tank as well that I use when my back is barking at me, as it glides on the floor. Love, love, love Electrolux. I've had mine 20+ years and no issues whatsoever. Still have my Grandmother's old one, too.

Honored Contributor

If you bought all of those other vacuums then they were cheap. I think Dyson is the best. It is by far the most expensive. We have two of them. One of them we paid over $400.00 for. We had them now almost 12 years or so. They still do the job. I'd get a Dyson.

Frequent Contributor

I hate the Dyson I bought from QVC several years ago. It was heavy, blew the dirt out the side. I had it repaired once and finally gave it away. One of the worst purchases I ever made at QVC. Never again. I am using a Hoover now. It is ok but my next one will be a Shark, I was very tempted to buy the recent TSV but decided to wait financially.
Trusted Contributor

I have both a Shark and a Dyson. I would re-buy the Shark. It is just as good or better than the Dyson and is way more affordable.

Respected Contributor

I bought a shark liftaway for home. I loved it so much that I bought another for my store. I had a Dyson at the store and I hated it. It is heavy and hard to handle. The hose is very awkward. It also shocks me constantly. I hate that thing. I'd never buy another Dyson product.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the recs ladies.

Honored Contributor

I spent a fortune over the years on vacuum cleaners. Then my late husband brought home a Dyson. I still have it, but since then I've bought another one for me, one for one daughter, another one for my middle daughter.

I love Dyson vacuums.

Contributor

I have both the Dyson DC50 and the Shark Rocket....and a long haired kitty. I use the Dyson on the wall-to-wall and the Shark on the hard floors. Don't like the Dyson on hard floors and don't really like the Shark on the carpet...but if I could only have one, it would be the Shark.

Trusted Contributor

You have to have had both the Dyson and the shark to see that the Shark is as good or better than the Dyson. Also, the Dyson is much, much heavier and much more expensive. Not worth it. I have had both and threw away my Dyson for the Shark.
Super Contributor

Had a Dyson at work. Used it every day and hated it. Too heavy and awkward. Now we have a Shark at work. Loved it at first but it's only a few months old and doesn't pick up as well as when new. Have an Oreck at home. I've had it for several years with no problems and love it. Good luck.