Trusted Contributor

Re: Help, please. I'm so afraid to buy another inferior vacuum cleaner.

I see a few of you are looking for the Shark. You cannot beat the value on QVC. They throw in so many attachments and there is always easy pay. You could compare on the Shark site, but chances are it costs more and comes with less.

Though the TSV is over, this is the one they had. Such a nice one, with a separate canister caddy and a strap to carry it in "lift away" mode.

This was the TSV (still on 5 easy pay). Watch the 2 videos: on-air presentation and how-to video.

http://www.qvc.com/Shark-Rotator-Pro-Performance-Lightweight-Lift-Away-3in1-Upright-Vacuum.product....

I believe this is the one we bought as a TSV--The Navigator Lift-Away a couple of years ago:

http://www.qvc.com/Shark-Navigator-Professional-Lift-Away-Vacuum-with-BacksaverHandle.product.V3252...

Respected Contributor

I highly recommend the Dyson! I've had years of dependable service from my Dyson! On the other hand, I've had nothing but problems with Shark.

Contributor

We got the Shark Rocket and the item number is V33007. Not sure if you can find it for less somewhere else. We like that it can be hand held and has the duster attachment with the micro fiber pads for bare floors etc. We have very little carpet anymore. The only draw back is the canister is small, but then it picks up everything so we love it.

Honored Contributor

I have a $700 Rainbow that is over 30 years old and still works great. Now that I have laminate flooring and 5 small rugs, I buy cheap bagless upright vacuum cleaners @ Wal-Mart, that last a few years, and more than give me my monies worth. No more expensive vacuums for me. I would not want to deal with the hassle of sending a defective vacuum back to QVC, and would buy local.

Occasional Contributor

I got the last Shark TSV ( a few months ago) I really like it. I have 2 small dogs and it works great cleaning up after them. I really like the fact there are no bags, they tend to get smelly. I empty canister after each use. It also has attachments right there on vac for easy cleaning! I would also recommend a Shark.
Honored Contributor

I like my Sanitaire.

Sanitaire Lightweight Vacuum – MODEL S782

This lightweight upright is not only compact but versatile. Onboard accessories and a brushroll on/off feature provide convenient above-the-floor and bare-floor cleaning. Fold down the handle for easy use on stairs and storage.

Features:

-6.5 Amps of Power

-Disposable Dust Bag

-20 ft. Power Cord

SPECIFICATIONS

Power – 6.5 amp

Filtration – Standard

Container – Disposable Dust Bag

Dust Capacity – 3 dry qts.

Cleaning Path – 12 in.

Cord Length – 20 ft.

Tools – On-Board

Hose – 5 ft.

Motor CFM – 78

dB per ASTM – 71

PACKAGING

Package Dimensions (LxWxH) 12 x 13.75 x 29.5

Package Weight – 22 lbs.

PARTS

Disposable Dust Bag – 61255

Pre-Motor Filter – 61123

Exhaust Filter – 61124

Belt – 61121

Brushroll – 61128-1

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.angry} I hate my Dyson! It is so heavy and hard to push, DH has to vacuum for me. We have an Oreck and that one I can use by myself. However, the Dyson gets the floors much cleaner than the Oreck, I will admit to that. But darn I hate the Dyson so much because it is big and cumbersome and heavy and hard to push and I hate that about it. The canister has to be frequently emptied also, it is not large at all. I think they could have made the canister bigger, that is a design flaw.

I really need a new vaccum that I can use by myself because I don't know how much longer my Oreck will last. It frequently smells hot after I use it for a while. I would buy another Oreck if it were lightweight. That for me is the most important feature. I can't use a vac that isn't lightweight.

I have an Electrolux stick vac that I bought from QVC about a year ago and I like it a lot. I primarily use it in the laundry room and kitchen floors for quick cleanups and for getting up dog hair and dirt the dog tracks in.

I don't own a Shark but I have looked at them and they are nice vacs. I didn't buy the TSV from the other day but I thought it looked nice. I wouldn't pay $20 in S&H though, and I really need to look at a vacuum in person because I want it to be lightweight. I will never buy another vacuum cleaner online again. It is useless to me unless I can push it and use it myself.

Super Contributor

House cat, do you have a Sears near you? They have a lot of vacuum cleaners. I would really buy local, if I were you. You can really see what you're buying and determine whether it meets your needs!

Also you can compare vacuum cleaners, that is important, to me anyway. That is what I plan to do the next time I buy one. I am going to shop around!

I think it is worth the time and effort, to get a vacuum that you like. Also you can take it back if you don't like it and don't have to pay a high S&H fee if it doesn't work out for you. Something to think about.

Contributor

I had a Hoover for 20 years and it finally died. So about a month ago I purchased the Dyson DC65 upright vac. I love it. I am amazed at the suction the vac has! I only vaccum once a week and the amount of dirt, dust, hair this things pulls up is amazing. This is worth every penny and I would recommend to everyone. I paid $399.23 from Best Buy-that included tax and free shipping to my door. It was $374.99 on clearance. The vaccum is not heavy to push for me at all. It glides across the floor with ease.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have a dyson canister - yes it is heavy but it is also on wheels so I don't carry it - I pull it around the floor - and the heaviness is not an issue. It does clean very well. It is a little bit of a pain in the neck to have to clean it and wash out the filter etc but my DH has done that for me the last few times so I don't care. My housekeeper likes the dusting brush for the plantation shutters that I have on every window, and to dust the heating vents and the tops of the built in entertainment cupboard. She also uses it on the ceiling fans in every room.