Honored Contributor

Help me find a good quality non plush towel

Maybe we are strange, but we don't like thick bath towels. Does anyone know of a good quality towel that absorbs, yet isn't considered plush.

Super Contributor

Re: Help me find a good quality non plush towel

[ Edited ]

Price range, fabric you prefer, color? What is non plush? Need more detail if you want help with this. My suggestion is to go to Macys.com, Potterybarn.com, hi-end - Scandiadown.com.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

You wanted more details. Tan or aqua colors are preferable. Price range would be no more than $15 for a bath towel. I guess I assumed cotton is what towels are made of, but if there is some other material, I'd try it. My definition of plush are towels that take up a lot of shelf space when folded because they are so thick.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG   I don’t like really thick towels either. I like them to be a big size and sometimes it’s hard to find the bigger size towel that’s not too thick. I like the Better Homes & Gardens brand towels from Walmart. Have you tried this brand? 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you @AuntG .  I don't care for thick, plush towels at all.  I was lucky enough to find towels I like at Bed, Bath and Beyond that weren't overly thick.  I just went to their website to look for them, but couldn't find them.  I believe they were considered "quick drying towels".  The DID have "quick drying towels" on their site, but not the ones I purchased.

At any rate, if you look there, you can see that some of the towels are not too plush and they are well within your price range.  Good luck on your quest.  When you find some, buy a bunch!  That's what I did.  

Esteemed Contributor

I thought I was the only person that didn't like plush towels @AuntG. I don't like cashmere either I'm probably in the minority on that one.

Respected Contributor

Check out Amazon.  I got some towels there within the last 4 months and I like them.  Not super plush but absorbent and not pricey.  HTH

Super Contributor

My idea of plush is:

1) made with microfiber/ polyester and thus, don't absorb water off of your body or:

2) expensive as in Turkinsh or Egyptian long staple cotton.

Super Contributor

@AuntG  I know exactly what you mean about not liking thick plush towels. Look at JCPenney--Quick Dri textured. I have it in Aqua and it is so pretty and dries so well. It also dries quickly in the dryer instead of taking forever like some of those really thick ones.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Macy's has great sales & sell Martha Stewart's towels that are very good. They last a long time washing every week. The spa collection is what I've had. But any of her towel collections would be great.

Not what I would call plush. Dry in the dryer fast. Not heavy, thick towels.