Honored Contributor

I have a kitchen living combination in my small cabin.The walls are a beige color and the flooring is wood planks in grey and beige.I have white blinds on the windows.I thought about grey but that might be too dark.What do you think would work?

Valued Contributor

Re: Help choosing sofa color.

I think a medium-tone grey would be nice, or a camel-color tweed. Both are neutral.

Honored Contributor

I think you need a bright splash of color.  Everything mentioned is very beige and boring.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I have a kitchen living combination in my small cabin.The walls are a beige color and the flooring is wood planks in grey and beige.I have white blinds on the windows.I thought about grey but that might be too dark.What do you think would work?

@dex  You live in a cabin?  I think that sounds romantic and lovely.  Lucky you! Heart

A warm beige is the color that comes to mind.  You could keep accents neutral or use red or whatever other color you prefer in pillows, etc.

I bet you already know this, but if you're buying new, I'd choose a sofa with square cushions which makes it easier to rotate them side to side and back to front instead of those sofa cushions with the "L" shaped edges that wrap in front of the arms.  Also, I've found that sofas with three cusions seem to hold up better in the middle than sofas with two cushions.  (Or maybe I just got unlucky with mine!)

Disregard most of this picture. It's mostly to show the square cushions on the sofa.

Image result for warm beige sofa for cabin with white blinds

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

How about deep burnt orange? 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach @The cabin is our second home.We bought the property more than thirty years ago with eight friends.It was a cabin style motel so we each have our own cabins.We are on a beautiful pristine lake in the mountains.I agree that we are lucky to have this place.I get up early and sit on my deck admiring mountains and wildlife.

Thank you for giving me so much info about sofas.I will need that when choosing.I haven’t bought much furniture over the years as my dh hates spending money on it.The one we have now came from a friends store and it is an ugly dusty rose leather.The leather is italian and very soft and beautiful though.My friend gave me a huge deal to purchase it to get it out of her shop when we bought the cabin.I didn’t like the color then but the price was too good to pass up.

Honored Contributor

I like the idea of a sofa with more color. If you select a neutral color I would pop it wirh colorful pillows, a throw, and other accessories. 

Valued Contributor

That's great advice @GingerPeach!  I like to keep the big items neutral, and add splashes of color with accessories.  I wish I was more daring, but as much as I try, I'm too afraid of a bold-color couch!!!

Honored Contributor

@dex 

That sounds heavenly!  Being near water and in a forested area is my ideal.

Years ago when I was married we, too, purchased a place in the mountains, near Lake Tahoe, with several other couples. I'm no longer married and the place was sold, but it was a lovely spot.  

p.s.  Don't forget the power of slipcovers if that Italian leather sofa is still in good shape.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

On second thought, my friend has a deep teal sofa that really makes a statement -- it's beautiful.  The rest of her house is neutral beige.