Honored Contributor

Re: Help! Bought wrong size table/ chairs decorating help

The upholstered chairs look much nicer with the table.

Honored Contributor

I’d go with all blue.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Yes, those fabric chairs are perfect with the table...I love the mixed look of both blue and brown chairs....adds a more interesting look....You can add a colorful centerpiece and a colorful picture to hang, along with an area rug under the table!

Lovely home!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

Good choice, @Beautiful life !

I like the look in your first picture, with both colors of chairs.  (The 2nd picture did not come through for me)

The chairs look comfy (so important) and the legs look nice with the base of the table.  I would love to sit at that table and enjoy a visit over a cup of coffee!  Your home is beautiful!

Honored Contributor

I still think the issue is the wall. . . it's too bland.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner ...It's a small eating area...The warm color of the walls is lovely...I think that wallpaper, which you suggested in previous post,  would close it in too much!...A colorful picture and window treatments will bring it all together very nicely!..I would like to see an area rug added also.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beautiful life wrote:

Separate price for table and chairs. 

‘Yes it seems the chairs are the issue. I don’t have much room in back of the chairs to add anything. 

@Beautiful life 

As you don’t have much room between the chairs and the blackboard looking object, do you use it much?

If not it would be an excellent place to add a great piece of colorful art.  That would add some needed color to the room, and be a great new visual, as it appears to be in the line of sight from your front door.

Loving red as I do that would be my choice, but with your existing palette you have many options

Please send a follow up when chairs arrive.

Good Luck.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

no we don’t use the chalk board that much. We used it to help my son with homework or put up the dinner menu😊

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beautiful life wrote:

‘I can go all brown, all blue or mix them like the picture 

which one would you all choose??

I like the mix, but..knowing my monochromatic self I would do the brown. I use neutrals for larger furniture pieces, walls and floors,  just my taste.  Then I can easily accent with a splash of colored accessories/objects which I can change out if I want a different look.

I do have a question re the chairs.  Do they pull in close enough to the round base of the table to sit comfortably when dining.  That would be my only concern.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner ...It's a small eating area...The warm color of the walls is lovely...I think that wallpaper, which you suggested in previous post,  would close it in too much!...A colorful picture and window treatments will bring it all together very nicely!..I would like to see an area rug added also.

@MyShadowLove   Actually, certain wallpapers give you a feeling of looking into the distance, thereby enlarging a space.  

I know someone who has a tiny powder room and a navy paper with a pattern of vines or something like that on it (can't remember).  I commented to her that it is such a tiny room but I never feel closed in and she pointed out two things to me:

1.  LIGHT colors come forward.  They seem closer to you than darker colors that recede.  

2.  The pattern gives you a sense of looking through the pattern into the distance giving the feeling that you are looking past something and enlarging the space.

Therefore, I think a pattern or a darker color (even if a pastel color) would make the furniture come forward and the wall seem to recede, and not be in your face.

Just my reasoning. . . LOL!!!  Let me edit to add: I think all the brown/beige/white blends together, giving your eye the sense that it is all in one plane of vision, not giving your eye anything to "see" beyond the white table and chairs.  There is not much to add perspective to the scene.  Nothing to draw your eye beyond, so to speak.