Super Contributor

Re: Help! Bought wrong size table/ chairs decorating help

The table is marble/ white wood chairs. I agree chairs to large. They showed chairs with the table with smaller fabric chairs. My daughter said she doesn’t like fabric
So we went with this. I asked her opinion should of gone with my gut feeling. There is a chalkboard hung to the wall.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure your daughter is a sweet person, but it's your home. The chairs that were designed to go with the table probably would have worked better.

Super Contributor

Agree

Super Contributor

Great advice. I usually only have three people eating together. How would the three chairs go? I could put one away in the garage. 

Honored Contributor

@Beautiful life ...if you care to share, why can't you return?

Maybe if you would buy something else, the store would let you return the chairs --if that is the problem.

Super Contributor

B4079439-AD00-4E62-91AB-00C7BE69A517.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Did this come as a set? It almost seems to me that the chairs are the problem, not the table. I do like the look though and maybe after a while it will look different to you. 

Super Contributor

58CDE9C5-3E86-425B-B6F5-DFE892D3E5C1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Beautiful life  Return it.  Call and explain to the store you bought it from that this is way too small and looks bad.  You want to return for something else.  I could not live with it because the chairs swallow the table.  Take the dimensions of the table and then add inches to it so you know what size you need.  Good luck.

I would try this...let them know you need a larger size table and maybe they'll let you make a return or exchange particularly if you end up spending a bit more.

ETA: In the future if you're still buying furniture and decor for your place and you're not sure of size, get big sheets of paper, tape them together until they are the dimensions that you're thinking of, then cut them to the right shape for your space.  That could help with the sizing visuals.

Super Contributor

E2D33EA3-528A-48EA-9E81-C164964D051F.jpeg