Honored Contributor

Re: Having so much fun with my decorating

When you mentioned your husband rolling his eyes @Regal Bee, it made me wonder how most men would like their house decorated. I'm pretty sure mine would only require a recliner, TV with remote, refrigerator and a bathroom with a shower. Although he snoozes in his recliner, he'd want a bed too.  Anything beyond that is my terrain.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you handed me all those items in a box and told me to go decorate, it would end up looking like a bad yard sale.

You have a wonderful eye.  I enjoy your pictures.

One of my co-workers has your gift.   We have a small lighted niche in the office, she keeps it decorated seasonally.   It takes her about half a day of arranging & re-arranging before she's satisfied.   She uses some live flowers, silk/dry flowers, birds.   She's got a fall vignette  in there now but in a couple of weeks she'll change it to football, I work in a college town.

Her Christmas display always looks like a wonderland.

@Regal Bee

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Kachina624

I think @Regal Bee needed the lamp for balance because of the vase on books with greenery at the other end. 

@Kachina624  I like the way you reply to posts.  You usually have an interesting little catch to them, such as the same parents as the Pheasants in this one!

Thanks, @KathyM23

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

You really do have that special touch,it is lovely.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Regal Bee - just lovely!  I used to decorate for the fall, but now I don't.  It's just me and the dogs.  I do put up a Christmas tree every year, but that's about it. 

@hoosieroriginal  So what if it's just you and the dogs!  I think you deserve to enjoy seasonal or holiday decorations as much as a house full of people, probably even more so!  Doesn't have to be big and elaborate.  Even a simple vignette on a side table can do so much for nurturing your very own heart and soul!  Smiley Happy  

~LdyBugz

@LdyBugz  ITA, when I lost my DH seven years ago it was just me and my fur baby and I still decorated because it made me feel good and I knew that my DH loved when I did.  I have since remarried and love to decorate and my DH now loves it too.  My friends kid me about how I decorate for the change of seasons. 

Esteemed Contributor

When my son was little I used to decorate for Halloween  👻🎃, Chanukah & Christmas 🎄.Now I only decorate for Chanukah & Christmas 🎄.

I used to go all out & decorate the whole house 🏡.My son loved it.It was a family event. We would decorate & laugh & snack on goodies!! Now my son is a busy adult involved with work & school etc. DH & I no longer have the energy or desire to knock ourselves out.We've scaled down our Holiday decorating.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee, This is SO pretty! 

Respected Contributor

You ladies are so sweet....thank you for such lovely comments.

I love decorating and taking pictures. My husband's family includes two professional photographers and they have given me the bug. 

I also love sharing and Fall.....................! Smiley Very Happy