Valued Contributor

Re: Having a curtain dilemma

I think I would stick with a solid curtain.  While it doesn't look bad if you try to add pillows and other things on the walls I think there would be too many things working against each other.

Honored Contributor

They work together.

Honored Contributor

@Kitlynnwrote:

I would go with a navy blue solid curtain and put white lacy sheers behind them. Then you would get the tie in with the rug in two ways but it wouldn't be so busy.

I like this very much!  

I was just going to say I'd go with solid, but this is even better.   

I'm not one for prints all over the place, though.   If I have anything that is a print (and I have to think hard because I don't think I have that anywhere in my whole house!), I would just go with that one thing that is a print and everything else is a solid.

For me, prints of pretty much any type are more of an accent thing and not a theme.    But then I'm pretty boring.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

So it doesn’t look bad. I think once the tan furniture is replaced with gray they will look great. I will have a picture soon.

Respected Contributor

I haven't read the entire post. What room are these in? I think the curtains and rug go well together in a living room, family room or open space. I would not think so for a bedroom. Bedrooms generally should be quieter in coloration. 

The colors are lovely.

Honored Contributor

I got beautiful ivory grommet top tone on tone curtain panels in "Moorish Tile" from Pier one.

Honored Contributor

Just my personal opinion, I'd like a bit of difference in the rug.  Maybe like this

harrington-ivoryblue-area-rug.jpgor this maybe.

perrodin-ivory-blue-area-rug.jpg

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Beewrote:

I haven't read the entire post. What room are these in? I think the curtains and rug go well together in a living room, family room or open space. I would not think so for a bedroom. Bedrooms generally should be quieter in coloration. 

The colors are lovely.

Great room in a open concept.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9wrote:

I got beautiful ivory grommet top tone on tone curtain panels in "Moorish Tile" from Pier one.

I will look those up. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythewrote:

Just my personal opinion, I'd like a bit of difference in the rug.  Maybe like this

harrington-ivoryblue-area-rug.jpgor this maybe.

perrodin-ivory-blue-area-rug.jpg

Those are pretty. But my mom loves the one she has.