Respected Contributor

Re: Have you seen the price of wreaths?

Found the bells at a thrift shop for a few dollars.  Added the peach poinsettias that I had been saving and made a bow from my stored ribbon supply.  It all cost a few dollars and a few minutes.  It is on my side entry door.DF5EB931-5DE1-4C24-98C5-DE6CC595C59A.jpeg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Acorns are for the chipmunks.  I meant to say pine cones in my description. OMG!

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Found the bells at a thrift shop for a few dollars.  Added the peach poinsettias that I had been saving and made a bow from my stored ribbon supply.  It all cost a few dollars and a few minutes.  It is on my side entry door.DF5EB931-5DE1-4C24-98C5-DE6CC595C59A.jpeg

It’s beautiful 

Honored Contributor

Crazy expensive at full price, but I've gotten them during post holiday sales for 90% off. Pier 1 was good for that.

Trusted Contributor

I have seen the prices of artificial wreaths and they are crazy.

My brother and his wife sent us an artificial wreath two years ago for Christmas.  It has lights, ribbon, and beautiful embellishments.  I can only imagine what it cost them.

Honored Contributor

I prefer a live wreath.  Because my front door gets sunlight all day long, I can only hang one at the back door. 

Mine cost $65.99 and is decorated with a few pine cones and a beautiful red velvet wired bow that is for outdoor use.

It will last until the first day of spring.  I really feel like I get my monies worth.  I buy them from an out of state garden/boutique.  Love going there to look at all they have to offer.  

Saw other live wreaths at Lowe's and they were pathetic.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  They are terribly high!  I wish I were crafty and could make my own.  I took a stab at it once, but it turned out awful! Woman Frustrated I bought one at Michaels several years ago on sale and paid too much for it then.  It is still in perfect shape but I am sick of it.  I purchased one at Big Lots last year after Christmas and it was really cheap and I have it hanging on my door now.  It looks like all kinds of different colored tree ornaments -- very festive! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin