Honored Contributor

Have you noticed that Luminara candles now....

come with a battery life of 1000  hours?

I have been looking at some of the newer options, and some now have a battery life of 1000 hours. 

Those big fat drip candles, I just bought the set of three about a month or so ago, for $75 and on free ship day. They were the older version and have a 500 hour battery life. 

Now the new ones are out. Price is up to over $100, but 1000 hours of batter life is so great. Newer updated remotes coming with a lot of the newer Luminara too. They have more options of hours on/off. 

Of course, I have a house full of older Luminara with the much lesser battery life! LOL

It seems it took them way too long to get that great longer battery life. Definitely will be a thing I will look for if I buy any in the future. Hope it doesn't mean they are more sensitive and don't last long, because it seems everything QVC brings that is good, they manage to cheapen over time, and they are never as good as in the beginning. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you noticed that Luminara candles now....

@Mominohio  Thanks!  I would have never known about this if I didn't readyour post.  I like that new remote.  I like that I could turn them on early around 5PM when it gets dark around here and set it for eight hours which is about the time I turn in.

I just wish they would switch their wick to the 3d ones.  I have been purchasing Simplux from the AtoZ company.  Now they are a bit pricey; however, when they aren't lit, I love th elook of their wick.  And even when they are lit, the wick looks so much more real than the flat on.

I may have to give in to the flat wick to get that timer!

Thanks again!!

Frequent Contributor

I knew this for a while already and have replaced all my  old Luminaras with the new 1000 hour candles. This will save me lots of money down the road. I don't have to buy so many Batteries no more. And they work great . I will never buy Luminara from now on with less then 1000 hours.

Honored Contributor

The only problem with the new remotes is that the timer isn't recurrent like the original remotes.

In other words, if you set it to come on at 5PM for however many hours, it doesn't come back on the next day at 5PM for that amount of hours.

At least, mine don't and many reviewers said their's don't either.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I saw it.  I probably will try at some point.  I'm not in the need of new candles right now.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom That’s interesting to hear because I bought 10 of them to replace some very old candles and the timers have been working perfectly for me.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

The only problem with the new remotes is that the timer isn't recurrent like the original remotes.

In other words, if you set it to come on at 5PM for however many hours, it doesn't come back on the next day at 5PM for that amount of hours.

At least, mine don't and many reviewers said their's don't either.

This is very strange.

I wonder if that was intentional or if there was a flaw in design/manufacturing and wasn't caught before production? 

At any rate, not good!

@KingstonsMom

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I saw it.  I probably will try at some point.  I'm not in the need of new candles right now.

I'm excited about longer battery life for sure. 

Many of my Luminara I use on remote and don't use the timers, so they do tend to last a long time anyway, but longer is always better. 

My problem is two fold. I have a ton of Luminara already, so can't see actually 'replacing' them. You never get your money out of them selling them used, enough to completely replace. 

And, I have many styles that they simply don't make anymore, and some that are primitive/rustic that were, I believe modified after production by someone to look very primitive. I love them and know they will never be available again. I have other colors/designs that they will probably never revisit and they fit my decor style perfectly and I don't want to replace them with anything except the exact same, at this time.

My hope is that the styles they come out with in the future that I like will be with the longer battery life. I could go five lifetimes without a single new flameless candle, and still end up with a supply at the end of even that time. 

I wonder what took them so long to get the technology in use? Probably money. I have noticed the ones with the 1000 hours are all a lot more expensive. Hopefully like everything, over time, the cost will come down some.

Respected Contributor

I would like to see a flameless candle with a 3d wick and an actual timer. I would like to be able to set if for a specific time and not have to worry about turning it on at that time to start it.  So if I wanted it to be on for 3 hours and 15 minutes, it would.  I know this sounds fussy, but I don't know why an actual timer couldn't be placed in the candle.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the longer battery life but the warranty on some of them is only 90 days. I won't spend that kind of money on a battery candle unless it lasts a year. I wonder why all the battery candles have really increased in price and fewer qunatity on air?