Honored Contributor

@quality Shopper  There was another mice discussion here a few days ago you might want to read. 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Mice-problem/m-p/3936037#M1119348

Poster @Venezia recommended this mouse trap which electrocutes the little pests.  I like not having to have poison around.  I don't have a problem now but when the weather changes, they often come inside.  I think mine have come in the dog door so I now block it at night.  I got one on Amazon.   LOL  I see it can be gift wrapped. 

Screenshot_20170728-145718.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@NickNack--Thanks for the info about NextDoor. I've never heard of it, but I'll check it out. Meanwhile, my cousin said he'd check outside our home for any places they could be getting in. Our bathroom pipes should be OK, but we'll check that out, too.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624--Yes, I saw this one and seriously considered it, but since I wanted several traps, this was too much. Have to admit, though, having at least one of these would be nice since the mouse is completely inside the box. You just have to open it up and dump. Can't believe Amazon would offer gift wrapping. That would be one weird gift to open!

It's strange--neither my mom nor I have an issue with killing them, but we find it very hard to dispose of them. It took the two of us to take care of this one. She held the plastic bag open while I carefully lifted the magazine that was underneath the trapped mouse and slid all into the bag. We're really cowards about doing this. Hope there aren't any more, but probably will be.

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper  Yes, there is never just one.  I thought gift giving a lethal mouse trap was a bit quirky but I'm sure QVC could play it up and have you giving one to everyone on your list plus extras for the gift closet.  Fantastic teacher gift! 

Last year I had a mouse come in my dog door which is near my recliner.  Next to that I have some clear plastic drawers. This mouse got in there and would sit about 12" from me and stare at me through the plastic.  I put some poison in there and he disappeared.  Sort of missed his company. Good thing I'm not afraid of them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

my brother inlaw has a cat and a pitbull and they hve tons of mice.

Honored Contributor

My husband knows I'd sooner move than have a mouse.  I can't explain my fear - grew up on a farm and saw them in the barn and granary all the time, but can't tolerate them in the house.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624--Wish I could say I'm not afraid of them, but I can't. Actually, maybe it's not so much fear but disgust. The thought of them being in our home and in our things really bothers me. Being in my bedroom and the adjacent bathroom is particularly troublesome. Everytime I get ready to get out of bed, I first carefully look on the floor to be sure nothing is there. I think I'd actually rather have them in the kitchen than upstairs.

That's what I can't understand--we seem to be only having them upstairs where there's no food (forgot to mention that we caught a second one yesterday). We just keep wondering why they're up here rather than downstairs. My cousin checked around the outside of the house and didn't find any place for them to get in. We need to check around the pipes in our bathroom as well. I just wish this was over.

Valued Contributor

@AuntG--I'm with you. I don't mind them outside, but inside? Can't stand the thought!

Respected Contributor

This recently happened to me also.  Had just folded dish towels and was heading to kitchen to put away in pull out drawer next to sink.  Had towels in hand reached with other hand to pull out drawer and as it rolled forward their was a mouse!  Right at the front of the drawer...coming at me! I gasped....it ran toward back of the drawer!! I was shaking so bad....I couldn't speak...just gasping running....husband wouldn't move from couch...yelling "what's the matter with you!": Finally it came out....RAT!  Then he got up LOL!

Never had that happen before....my drawer bottom when I removed the few towels that were in it had big scratch marks in it....droppings....urine I am sure to and it had eaten a large hole in one of my dish towels.  Probably building a NEST somewhere.  OMGoodness I was so upset and disgusted!!  They carry disease and bacteria....YUK!

Then I began going thur EVERYTHING....sure enough I found other areas with droppings...I threw out all of stuff...it had been in my very crowded pantry too.  Washed everything down....and for 6weeks I had food in those plastic tubs with the lids on.  I put the decon food things out....and sure enough that same night it must have eaten it and I never have seen anymore.  I could see the green crumbs and it had eaten alot of this poison that makes them go back outside and die.  NO smell EVER just gone.  I have left those hidden in pantry and cabinets.  I have seen no more eating activity as I bought new ones to monitor.  They are cheap and that's easy for me to deal with no dead or alive mouse looking at me.  

I had nightmares of these things....I get up alot at night to go pee and that's all I could think of was "stepping on one" as I never turn on lights of any kind.  

I told my husband (I had been telling him we had to do something about the space on our patio up against house that had a big opening) we had to find a way to block that area up as I think this is where IT entered.  I have seen a mouse run accross our patio before.

I began a full IN DEPTH check of my home....every nook and cranny....I found evidence of mice (droppings) in other areas I would have never thought of.  Anyway I haven't had anymore activity....but I can still see those beedy black eyes coming toward my hand that day as I opened that draw!!  

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper   You really need to put out poison and look for the entrance inside your house.  When I called the exterminator he put poison at the back of every cabinet and behind the air return vent where I put the filter.  The poison he puts out is in a container that the mouse can get in but pets wouldn't get.  There really isn't much chance my dog would get in the back of the cabinets anyway though.  I think I also said there was a very small hole near the pipes in my bathroom cabinet.  That's where I saw the droppings.  The handyman sealed the hole (with caulk I think).  Since the poison was put out I haven't seen a mouse again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau