Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Had A Large Photo Print on Canvas Made?

@toja I forgot to thank you for the notice!  I will certainly look into that.  If I can find my print!  Woman Embarassed

Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are welcome @Sooner Smiley Happy

I'm a photographer, and work with RAW files all the time Smiley Happy 

That's why I said you need to process them first, because right out  of the camera they are kind of blah, basically like underdeveloped film in an analog camera ;-). The problem with printing RAW outside of your own studio is that the place you send them to may "see" them, and process them differently than your own software. And you may get unwanted results.

I prefer working with RAW in Lightroom, and then saving them as JPEG in Photoshop if I want to print them. Also as huge files. I don't compress them much so they retain all the editing done in RAW.

Honored Contributor

@toja I worked in graphics from the time you had to shoot negatives and strip them until modern times and frankly it was fun but I'm glad not to be doing it now.

I worked with books, promotional material and large displays and things surely did change over the years! I liked the olden days better when you laid it out and sized it and shipped it off to the press for them to worry about! 

Honored Contributor

I've done it several times with a company called Easy Canvas Prints.  It's simple to do online and the shipping is fast.  I recommend them highly.

~ house cat ~