Respected Contributor

Re: Have U Ever had your Dishwasher Repaired?

I belong to a local group on Facebook. I asked for dishwasher repair recommendations and used the one that most people recommended.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina  Look under Dishwasher Repair.  Be careful though.  Because sometimes you are better off buying a new one.  Get hourly rates and any extra rates before you go forward.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Yes, I use a reputable local appliance dealer that also repairs.  

It's comforting to know someone I can trust and not overcharge.   

Honored Contributor

I have not needed my current dishwasher repaired, but if I did I would call the appliance company I bought it from.  I have done my own repair once though.  Mine wasn't draining after it ran.  I discovered that the vent (which comes out on the sink) was blocked with small food particles.  I just pulled the silver cover off, unscrewed the top and found the food particles.  Once I removed those the dishwasher drained properly.

Another kinda funny story.  Wen we bought the house it came with all original appliances (late 80's).  Still have the stove and oven.  But, at one point the dishes weren't getting clean.  So, we ended up buying a new Bosch dishwasher which I looooove!  But then after getting it, the first load the dishes weren't getting clean.  Turns out, there was nothing wrong with the original dishwasher.  The problem was that the diswashing detergent we bought at Costco had gotten wet at some point in the warehouse and was stuck together and I was breaking it up to use in the dishwasher.  I only use the tabs now.  Hubby still claims I tricked him into buying a new dishwasher, but he likes it too.  It is sooo much quieter than our old one.  

Respected Contributor

We use an appliance repair company in our area. They’re authorized to repair most of the  major appliance brands. One of the things I like on their website is a section entitled “Should you repair it or replace it?” It walks you through a series of questions, ending with a recommendation for repairing or replacing your appliance. They don’t sell appliances, so there’s no bias. 

Honored Contributor

I would ask for recommendations on your local Facebook group.  What's the problem?  You might be able to fix it yourself.  If you need parts, you can buy them online from repairclinic dot com.  They deliver super fast.  

Respected Contributor

we have had our dishwasher fixed many times. its a maytag. but we had the service contract and good thing. some of these repairs would have cost us like 300 bucks. the control board and when motor had to be replaced. what kind of dishwasher do you have and whats wrong with it?

Respected Contributor

IamMrsG. i agree with you on that. we use them a while back and they sent parts i think the next day and with there video made fixing dw very easy for my wife to fix. there worth checking out.