Respected Contributor

Have U Ever had your Dishwasher Repaired?

Who would I call for something like that? ... and no it's not under warranty.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Have U Ever had your Dishwasher Repaired?

Yes.  Call an appliance repair shop that repairs your brand of dishwasher.

Super Contributor

There is a franchised company called Mr. Appliance that I always use.  They work on all brands.  Check and see if they are in your area.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Yelp dot com and search for services there. I like to read what others are saying and how they give their ratings. It's very helpful for when you have no idea where to start.

On Yelp you can search by the service you need done or a company name if you know of one already. For example, I just looked at Sears Appliance Repair and they didn't look good as far as ratings so they wouldn't be someone I would be calling. Everything there is listed by your location.

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina 

This suggestion might not be your answer, but I make it on the outside chance it could help.  You may have a problem you can solve yourself; or, at the very least, checking this site first might give you some guidance towards what a repairman will want to do or charge. To determine this, I highly recommend appliancepartspros<dot>com.  At this site, you enter your make, model and 'symptoms' for a list of suggested repairs.  There are also tutorial videos for replacing the parts.   

Their service is exemplary.  The last time we used the site, we had ordered, received and successfully installed the replacement part inside 24 hours.  Honest. 

Good luck!   

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@RinaRinaIf there's a nextdoor.com in your area, ask there about a repairman.

Esteemed Contributor

I have used a local company successfully.  If it is old you might want to weigh the service call versus a new one.

Respected Contributor

I use Home Advisor when I need something just enter your info on their website and someone will contact you usually within minutes.

Honored Contributor

No, as my husband refuses to bother with fixing appliances unless they are under warranty. Our stove was only 4 years old when we needed to replace it. I think most appliances today are poorly made and have early expiration dates. Years ago my washer/dryer lasted 20 years as did most of our appliances.

As to who we would call...we have a company that does everything around here. They replace parts but just to walk in the door they cost $110.00.

Occasional Contributor

We had a leaky hose once.  A plumber replaced it for 1/4 the cost of a new dishwasher.  When I called the manufacturer's appliance repair company, it would have cost 2x as much.  Another dishwasher's control panel stopped working after 4 yrs.  The cost of replacing it was nearly as much as a new dishwasher, so bought a new one.  I hated that dishwasher anyway.