Trusted Contributor

Re: Has this been posted? HomeGood opens new stores, "Homesense".

As a lover of HomeGoods, I went to the first HomeSense that opened in Framinham, MA a couple of weeks ago.  It was nice.  Similar to HomeGoods, except they seemed to have more stock of some things and also had more higher end things than my local HomeGoods typically does.  It was a long drive and I don't know if it was worth it, but I will definitely go to the one closer to me once it opens.

My son recently teased me that I went on the HomeGoods Tour of 2017 because I traveled some decent distances this year just to check out different HomeGoods/TJ Maxx/Marshalls than the ones I usually go to (did a lot of re-decorating this year).  They are my favorite places to go when I have a few hours to kill on the weekend.  You never know what great buys you're going to find!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seems like they're just more or less "Super" Homegoods stores... And, interestingly enough, the TJX company has been operating HomeSense stores in Europe for some time, though they're probably more akin to the Homegood's stores here... I like the concept but am not sure they needed a whole separate name. Also wonder if maybe the TJX company is going to sooner or lighter bite off more than they can chew. As retailers, they've done remarkably well, but another whole persona in addition to Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, Sierra Trading Post, Winners and TK Maxx (in the UK) seems like it might be a stretch. I'd imagine there won't be as many HomeSense stores as there are others that are part of the TJX family... I hope one opens in my area... Interesting, I was told that TJX ultimately evolved from the old discount chain known as Zayres...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

We have a HomeGoods store nearby - maybe too nearby! It's great! Our company practically decorated our entire office from that store.. We'll see about HomeSense. BTW, just a heads-up. HomeGoods has BEAUTIFUL wrapping paper for sale in the Christmas season. I would start checking around Thanksgiving.

Trusted Contributor

Wow! It looks like a Wonderland of Home Goods.

Too bad there are none in my of the woods. I would have a field day in there!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the new Homegoods is opening 10-15 minutes from my house.. It's situated in between Target and Costco. The whole area is a shoppers heaven with the Mall, BBB. Michaels etc.etc.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Interesting. The featured HomeGood store has far MORE stuff in kids, pets and food than mine. To be honest, HomeGood has never impressed me; it has lots of "areas" but very little merchandise in each area. "Yes, we have a kids/baby section" and it's 2 shelves of stuff taking up half an aisle. "Candles, we have them" and it's the other half of where the kids/baby stuff is located. Gourmet food is one bookcase. 

I don't find stuff there because the pickings are very small. I WISH it was like hers, geez.

As for HomeSence, it looks like it's bigger on furniture, lighting, rugs...the bigger stuff instead of knick knacks, food and plates like HomeGoods.

One thing: I was surprised (and not in a good way) to find the same chair at TJMaxx and HomeGoods... with a $150 price difference. The TJMaxx chair was $199 while the same chair at HomeGoods was $349. I took a picture of each (they're near each other) and asked a manager at both locations why the difference.

TJMaxx Manager: "Because HomeGoods can get the higher price. People there spend more money than they do here".

HomeGood Manager: "That's how it came to us". Shrugged and walked away.

When I asked the HomeGood Manager if they would price match the TJMaxx chair (remember same company), she said they NEVER do that. The TJMaxx manager, when asked if he would price match a home item to HomeGoods,  said "sure, no problem. We do it all the time".

Hmmm.......