Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone used NELLIE’S LAUNDRY SODA

hello all again

I had to stop using Nellies, I broke out in a bad rash when I used it. I would scratch so badly from it. had to go back to my powder (arm & hammer) brand laundry soap. if I remember reading about it, it is plant based product. I should not have ordered it, have to many problems with anything made with a plant base

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MM13 wrote:

Thanks for asking about Nellie's...I've been wondering about it. I am so tired of my dark clothes coming out of the washer with white-ish streaks on them from the residue. I don't even fill the cap with half of the detergent and also give it a second rinse. I was wondering if Nellie's would solve this issue.

@MM13 

My dark stuff never comes out with streaks and I never do a second rinse either. Nellie's dissolves completely in cold water and it seems not to strip color from dark items. Using vinegar in the rinse cycle will help preserve dye in fabrics plus it will make them soft and help lint come off easier in the dryer.

@SilleeMee  This is a older topic but I was looking some up due to the HSN today's special on Nellies and the other thread not long ago about doing laundry and using vinegar.

Question do you use dryer balls and if so what kind?  I am thinking of getting this TSV and basically switching over to more natural products all around.

Thanks for your answer on this older topic LOL!

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MM13 wrote:

Thanks for asking about Nellie's...I've been wondering about it. I am so tired of my dark clothes coming out of the washer with white-ish streaks on them from the residue. I don't even fill the cap with half of the detergent and also give it a second rinse. I was wondering if Nellie's would solve this issue.

@MM13 

My dark stuff never comes out with streaks and I never do a second rinse either. Nellie's dissolves completely in cold water and it seems not to strip color from dark items. Using vinegar in the rinse cycle will help preserve dye in fabrics plus it will make them soft and help lint come off easier in the dryer.

@SilleeMee  This is a older topic but I was looking some up due to the HSN today's special on Nellies and the other thread not long ago about doing laundry and using vinegar.

Question do you use dryer balls and if so what kind?  I am thinking of getting this TSV and basically switching over to more natural products all around.

Thanks for your answer on this older topic LOL!

@tsavorite 

Yes I do use wool dryer balls. The brand is Woolzies. Be sure to use at least 6 of these kind of wool balls in your dryer. The more the better. I don't think the brand matters so much but the number of them you put in the dryer does.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  forgot to ask also do you still use Nellies?

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee  forgot to ask also do you still use Nellies?

@tsavorite 

Yes, I'm on AutoShip for it. I get the 500-load bucket ($50) and that lasts me almost 2 years! 

Respected Contributor

I only use PUREX from Big Lots.  I do not find Nellies or Beekmans laundry soap economically sound nor do I believe their claims that theis soap does a better job than PUREX.