Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone used NELLIE’S LAUNDRY SODA

I bought the 600 load bucket,it does work good and it lasts a LONG time.

Honored Contributor

How do the clothes smell-clean? No smell? Fragrant?

Honored Contributor

@MM13 wrote:

Thanks for asking about Nellie's...I've been wondering about it. I am so tired of my dark clothes coming out of the washer with white-ish streaks on them from the residue. I don't even fill the cap with half of the detergent and also give it a second rinse. I was wondering if Nellie's would solve this issue.

Dark colors need to be washed in cold water,and use a detergent for dark colors.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

How do the clothes smell-clean? No smell? Fragrant?

@Judaline 

Nellie's does not have fragrance yet my clothes always come out fresh...no odors.

Honored Contributor

@MM13 wrote:

Thanks for asking about Nellie's...I've been wondering about it. I am so tired of my dark clothes coming out of the washer with white-ish streaks on them from the residue. I don't even fill the cap with half of the detergent and also give it a second rinse. I was wondering if Nellie's would solve this issue.

@MM13 

My dark stuff never comes out with streaks and I never do a second rinse either. Nellie's dissolves completely in cold water and it seems not to strip color from dark items. Using vinegar in the rinse cycle will help preserve dye in fabrics plus it will make them soft and help lint come off easier in the dryer.

Honored Contributor

I put in an order to hsn for auto ship of nellie's i like it

there is no smell, but clothes have a fresh look feel to them.

so far so good with nellie's.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Nellie's for several years and I really like it.  I also have a front loading washer and I use one scoop that comes with the detergent.  I also throw in a scoop of Nellie's Oxygen Brightener for whites and it does a great job.

Honored Contributor

will have to check out that oxygen brightener nellies too.

so far so good.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for responding as I have wondered about Nellies also. We have a compact front loader and I stopped using petroleum based laundry soap many years ago. I've used 7th Generation, BioKleen brand, and now Charlie's. I like how BioKleen washes but it often makes hard clumps in the detergent tray no matter what temp water. I've wondered about Nellie's as it's in every grocery store here and will give it a try.

Detachment isn't the absence of love but the ability to take care of yourself in the midst of someone else's choices.
Valued Contributor

I like Nellie's but stopped using it as I found it didn't work well on heavily-soiled items (like workout clothes).  Items still smelled bad when I'd take them out of the washer. I switched back to Tide powder and my clothes got clean again. But Nellie's is fine if you don't have items with heavy soil.