Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Bath Fitter?

Hey, Peeps.  Update:  Well, I had my BathFitter installation last Tuesday.  The plumber came the day before to do his part.  So, actually, it was a 2 day job, not a one day.  Plumber took about 2 1/2 hours.  The installer took from 8 am to about 2 pm.  I'm well pleased so far.  The cost was $5500 but I also had glass shower doors added and a design on the tub as well as an upgraded hand held shower head.  First thing I did was order a squeesegee from Amazon for the glass doors.  My safety rail is metal and very secure.  The prettiest thing is the glass doors which will be the toughest thing to keep looking good, lol.

My toilet is due to be installed in a few days.  I decided to get one for the powder room and boy, why did I do that.  The vanity is a bone color with s few swirls of blue and silver.  I thought it would be simple to get a matching toilet.  No.  The guy at Lowes said that since I was ordering Kohler, I should get a color called Biscuit.  In the store it looked like a match.  When I got home I researched the color and I'm reading that it biscuit has a touch of yellow in it.  So now I'm wondering if the yellow in it might throw the color off.  I'm going back tomorrow to take a look.

The vanity top in my bathroom is grouted in place and they don't want to do it so I'll have to look further.  They're afraid that they will damage the tile next to it.

Anyway, thanks for all of the help.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)